• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recil Macon's - Where Are They And Why Are They Not Being Slabbed
1 1

75 posts in this topic

In speaking with one of the people who graded this book they said it was one of the hardest books to grade ever. Structurally it was like a 9.0 or better but kid done gone and wrote all over it.

To me thats part of the fun of Recil - thats one of the nice parts of the pedigree and connects you to him just doodling a bit on these books.

To me it actually adds to the book and its history...

In speaking with one of the people who graded this book they said it was one of the hardest books to grade ever. Structurally it was like a 9.0 or better but kid done gone and wrote all over it.

To me thats part of the fun of Recil - thats one of the nice parts of the pedigree and connects you to him just doodling a bit on these books.

I agree with you and what Randall says in previous post.

Unobtrusive writing location and definitely adds to the story and in my opinion the value. Kind of like signed Okajima books are more charming and sought after than just coded okajima.

I have yet to get an Eldon or a Recil Macon and enjoy both of their stories and their signature (unobtrusive of course) on the books.

Also, super nice book no matter the pedigree :applause:

I have a Recil Macon Planet 53 slabbed but 5.0 ow. Tape pull back cover hit it but the book looks very under graded. Appearance of cover looks like 8.0..

Rarely see others.

Picture/scan of this book would be nice :foryou:

my one and only...but :cloud9::insane:

PL17-1_zps60fc1a1a.jpg

I love how his name here actually matches the -script writing that is on the book

however the absolute best part is this..

comic002-7.jpg

I guess unlike the Church books where the coding is much less obtrusive, CGC would downgrade the the actual condition of the book to take into account all of the writing and doodling that Recil put onto the books? hm

my one and only...but :cloud9::insane:

I love how his name here actually matches the -script writing that is on the book

however the absolute best part is this..

I guess unlike the Church books where the coding is much less obtrusive, CGC would downgrade the the actual condition of the book to take into account all of the writing and doodling that Recil put onto the books? hm

yes, basically although its sort of his thing I guess you have to imagine if you had a great conditioned book but the kid wrote SPOON all over it...also technically its supposed to be stuff that was on it when you brought it does not count (i.e. comic store / drug store guy stamped it or made a mark on it)

regardless, its clear this is a spectacular copy and one has to look past the number on the book

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:42 PM, Planet said:

I have a Recil Macon Planet 53 slabbed but 5.0 ow. Tape pull back cover hit it but the book looks very under graded. Appearance of cover looks like 8.0..

Rarely see others.

I hope this is the one I have now.  Sounds like it !