• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first Troy Blank experiment!

10 posts in this topic

So a few years ago I had Troy make a blank for me for Iron Man 1 (Extemis), I had the intent to have somebody from Iron Man 3 sign it, and it just so happened that Ben Kingsley was obtainable of me at the Exodus premiere in the UK with help from a friend. Of course this wasn't witnessed, but due to the custom blank nature, the NG yellow label was acceptable for my OCD lol anyways, I then had artist Paul Shipper (his work is great if you haven't seen it before) sketch Kingsley as the Mandarin on it for me, which was of course witnessed. It was costly but I couldn't be happier!

Here it is:

FEF89466-2A75-4A22-BB01-4F3881181C0D_zps1ulq8yev.jpg

Thanks for the blank Troy! It took a while to get it done (signed by Kinsley and sketched by the perfect artist for me) but great to finally make use of it :)

Coming back from the dead to post in this thread.

Lloyd, that is awesome! Kinsley is such a monster grab and Shipper did a great job! You should be really proud of how that turned out, I know you have been working on it for awhile.

Question - why is is NG???? - curious

The blank cover was attached to the comic after it was manufactured. Anytime that you take a regular comic and wrap it in a piece of blank paper it gets a NG. The bonus to having the paper stapled to the comic is that you get extra room without there being a logo or other obstruction, like a red bar, as well as that the paper that is attached is better quality than a normal sketch cover. This is better for artists to use since a lot of regular sketch covers do not take color well.