My first Troy Blank experiment!

10 posts in this topic

6,656 posts

So a few years ago I had Troy make a blank for me for Iron Man 1 (Extemis), I had the intent to have somebody from Iron Man 3 sign it, and it just so happened that Ben Kingsley was obtainable of me at the Exodus premiere in the UK with help from a friend. Of course this wasn't witnessed, but due to the custom blank nature, the NG yellow label was acceptable for my OCD lol anyways, I then had artist Paul Shipper (his work is great if you haven't seen it before) sketch Kingsley as the Mandarin on it for me, which was of course witnessed. It was costly but I couldn't be happier!

Here it is:

FEF89466-2A75-4A22-BB01-4F3881181C0D_zps1ulq8yev.jpg

Thanks for the blank Troy! It took a while to get it done (signed by Kinsley and sketched by the perfect artist for me) but great to finally make use of it :)

42,140 posts

That's great, Lloyd.

I have another .Troy book coming back from Daryl Banks . . .

8,485 posts

Awesome stuff :applause: I've still got a couple of Weird Science "Troy" blanks just waiting for the day myself.

3,833 posts

Nice one Lloyd, that came out great!

4,445 posts

Coming back from the dead to post in this thread.

Lloyd, that is awesome! Kinsley is such a monster grab and Shipper did a great job! You should be really proud of how that turned out, I know you have been working on it for awhile.

1,784 posts

Question - why is is NG???? - curious

1,756 posts

lloyd that is very nice.

1,036 posts
Question - why is is NG???? - curious

The blank cover was attached to the comic after it was manufactured. Anytime that you take a regular comic and wrap it in a piece of blank paper it gets a NG. The bonus to having the paper stapled to the comic is that you get extra room without there being a logo or other obstruction, like a red bar, as well as that the paper that is attached is better quality than a normal sketch cover. This is better for artists to use since a lot of regular sketch covers do not take color well.

3,661 posts

WOW that is so freakin' cool!

What a great sketch and Sir Kingsley has a great signature too!

(worship)