• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is your collection more EXCITING or more THRILLING???
1 1

64 posts in this topic

I can tell from the front cover scan that this is clearly over-graded. No way that it is any better than a 9.7999999. rantrant

I posted a thumbnail but thought this one deserved its own post.

Exciting11-1.jpg

comexciting28paul_zps85e3db82.jpg

I've ALWAYS loved this cover!!! Still haven't been able to land one yet ..... Nice copy Robot Man :applause:

Thanks, aside from it being kinda hard to get, I've always loved the cover. It was in the "Paul" collection and I happily grabbed it the minute I saw it. It's really not as nice as it appears though. Note the off trim at the top right. When you open it up, the interior pages have a pretty uneven trim. They are a little wider and less wide inside. I thought maybe Paul trimmed it. But it looks like it probably was a printing defect. It is a little severe on some pages but doesn't go into the art. Always wondered how CGC would grade it? Got a great price because of it.

I can tell from the front cover scan that this is clearly over-graded. No way that it is any better than a 9.7999999. rantrant

I posted a thumbnail but thought this one deserved its own post.

Exciting11-1.jpg

You don't know what you are talking about. It is clearly a 9.8000000000001.

Jeff, I can't believe nobody has commented on the jaw-dropping, stunning quality of the Exciting 58 and 60. I know you have some equally thrilling copies of Thrilling. Show everybody your #75, and throw in a scan of your #15 is you get a chance.