• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 2

200 posts in this topic

PLAYERS WHO HAVE YET TO SUBMIT THEIR ROUND 2 GUESSES

Action252Kid

AJD

Awax

BlowUpTheMoon

cheta42

comicdey

comicdonna

comicwiz

Couchy81

drewincanada

Fantastic Thor

fiberbiskit

godquest

HarveySwick

Hiro

iceman399

ItsJustRyan

jaybuck43

jessebrook1

jhutton2

jimbo_707

joe_collector

jsilverjanet

KPR Comics

letsgrumble

marmat

Mike's Rack

Mikey-416

Monkeyman

NinjaSealed

Official Chris S.

paul747

Richard The Man

Rinen

roulette44

Shark

Skynwalker

slym2none

spideyfan76

techvoodoo

Unca Scrooge

yoddler

I don't know if the smileys in the PMs mean anything. I certainly don't plan on worrying about it. My guess is they are random

Don't mean anything?? DON'T MEAN ANYTHING??? :frustrated:

I'm starting to feel sick. :sick:

Yeah me too - I know I overgraded the AV this time in overcompensating for the unbelievably high grades from the first round of books. But I think I got the XM pretty close this time.

:wishluck:

{Still shaking my head over that AV57 so-called "8.0"} :facepalm:

I nailed both books, it just remains to be seen how well CGC did.

Yeah me too - I know I overgraded the AV this time in overcompensating for the unbelievably high grades from the first round of books. But I think I got the XM pretty close this time.

Oh, that's great!!! :headbang:

That's what you have to remember about these contests.

We are *not* grading books or attempting to prove who is the best grader, we are simply trying to see who is the best at half-predicting/half-guessing what grade CGC gave to that particular book at that one particular point in time.

You're trying to be Kreskin, not Bob Overstreet. Remember that, and you'll be alright.

89357d1304870630-desmo-chain-covers-kreskin.jpg

We are *not* grading books or attempting to prove who is the best grader, we are simply trying to see who is the best at half-predicting/half-guessing what grade CGC gave to that particular book at that one particular point in time.

You're trying to be Kreskin, not Bob Overstreet. Remember that, and you'll be alright.

Joe... Are you ever happy?

Just telling it like it is (I actually cribbed that "you're not grading, but trying to figure out what grade CGC assigned it" line from someone else who ran/runs similar contests, so blame him), and it makes these grades easier to accept when you understand this.

Nothing against contests like this as they are a lot of fun and kudos go to the organizers, but I started getting a bit irritated at the insane 6.5 grade given the last round, then I remembered this sage advice given in that other grading contest, and it suddenly made sense.

It's not what I or any other sane grader would give a book using Overstreet's strict guidelines, but what CGC would decide to assign it at whenever the book was graded. It's more Mentalist or Sherlock Holmes instead of Bob Overstreet.

* And again, there should be no disparagement of the contest or its organizers taken from my comments (good work guys!), I am just attempting to express my own personal viewpoint that are partially-derived from comments posted in other grading contests.

Just telling it like it is (I actually cribbed that "you're not grading, but trying to figure out what grade CGC assigned it" line from someone else who ran/runs similar contests, so blame him), and it makes these grades easier to accept when you understand this.

Nothing against contests like this as they are a lot of fun and kudos go to the organizers, but I started getting a bit irritated at the insane 6.5 grade given the last round, then I remembered this sage advice given in that other grading contest, and it suddenly made sense.

It's not what I or any other sane grader would give a book using Overstreet's strict guidelines, but what CGC would decide to assign it at whenever the book was graded. It's more Mentalist or Sherlock Holmes instead of Bob Overstreet.

I thought your original post was amusing but somehow paul747 saw it as you not being happy.

20130627094922-a08121d0.gif