• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Retro Comic Book Tin Signs

12 posts in this topic

Saw this on a deals website. I buy these from time to time when i am on vacation as gift shops seem to carry them. usually $12-$14. Here when you use the code MARVELMANIA they are $6.89 with free shipping. Signs are pretty cool. Put them up in my man cave. and at $6.89 there an awesome deal. Even at $9 with free shipping they are a decent deal.

http://www.hoboninja.com/store/item.php?id=38396

I was selling these last year for $6 at a flea market. Bought 130 for $500. I honestly thought they'd sell better.

Not the homerun I thought they would be. I didn't offer them here as shipping one or two is a pita.

I have a bunch on my walls already so did not order any but paid average $12. Always surprised to see them at so many places. Went to Cooperstown 2 years ago and the sports cards stores were all selling them.came home with a few.went to Lancaster PA last year and a gift shop art a restaraunt had them.(huge gift shop,had a lot of superhero items).grabbed a few there.they were expensive there.just a very cool item for a man cave or office.

I was selling these last year for $6 at a flea market. Bought 130 for $500. I honestly thought they'd sell better.

Not the homerun I thought they would be. I didn't offer them here as shipping one or two is a pita.

For whatever reason they visually distressed the hell out of them imho. They wanted them to read as "vintage", but ended up with a used-it-to-beat-the-dog-then-birdcage-liner look.

There's a happy medium between 'vintage' and 'still desirable' and they just overplayed the 'found-item' effects.

For whatever reason they visually distressed the hell out of them imho. They wanted them to read as "vintage", but ended up with a used-it-to-beat-the-dog-then-birdcage-liner look.

There's a happy medium between 'vintage' and 'still desirable' and they just overplayed the 'found-item' effects.

Yea the distressed look came up a few weeks ago with some posters. We spend years looking for a book that presents well. Why would we want to buy something for the wall that looks beat up?

For some reason they make they to look "vintage" , I also would prefer them not to be "vintage" looking but they are what they are. Even the rock ones are like that . Well some not all . Example the RUSH one in my link below . But I have a few Rock Band ones (Metallica, Iron Maiden , Ramones etc ) and they are not "Vintage"

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Rush-Starman-Tin-Sign-Posters_i12337910_.htm