• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uncanny Xmen 510 Sketch J Scott Campbell
2 2

142 posts in this topic

zzz-OMG!

Watching like a hawk....

Jerome

Buy it :baiting: (not sure if you need or have this one) *not my book*

I just bought one this month, but I want to see if I got a good deal. I 'think' I did okay on the price but another sale would go a long way.

Jerome

zzz-OMG!

Watching like a hawk....

Jerome

I just bought one this month, but I want to see if I got a good deal. I 'think' I did okay on the price but another sale would go a long way.

Jerome

Ok hedge your bet and buy a second copy lol

zzz-OMG!

Watching like a hawk....

Jerome

Jerome

And then accidentally tell me your address & schedule & whether you have a security system & where it'll be in your house & I totally promise it won't be me that steals it.

:whistle:

zzz-OMG!

Watching like a hawk....

Jerome

Jerome

And then accidentally tell me your address & schedule & whether you have a security system & where it'll be in your house & I totally promise it won't be me that steals it.

:whistle:

lol

I live in Alabama, it's that yellow house on the right.

Jerome

zzz-OMG!

Watching like a hawk....

Jerome

Jerome

Buy every one that pops up and corner the market!

zzz-OMG!

Watching like a hawk....

Jerome

Jerome

Buy every one that pops up and corner the market!

You know I wish I had the funds to that, I don't know the official name for it, but I call it Diamond Holding. Where I hoard a lot of something (I always wanted to do the VLP #1 as imo the value could "skyrocket" if there weren't 200 billion copies) and only let comics trickle out slowly like the large diamond retailers do so the price of a diamond stays high.

Jerome

Hey guys, Wampler from the start of the  Page. I finally got the nerve to send off my Uncanny x-men 510 sketch variant at SDCC CGC,  The book is now lost in the mail.  Its a 9.4 and i have the Number.  Guys I am sick to my stomach and I dont know what to do.  I have CGC looking into it and the post office said that they just did not scan the package,  Looks like its gone guys.  If it pops up, Please let me know. I will be checking Ebay and other venues as possible leads.  The Package is Registered Mail and Tracking, it just stops in  Santa Clarita Ca,  And they cant find it.  

Edited by Ranger565

On 8/8/2017 at 8:01 PM, Ranger565 said:

Hey guys, Wampler from the start of the  Page. I finally got the nerve to send off my Uncanny x-men 510 sketch variant at SDCC CGC,  The book is now lost in the mail.  Its a 9.4 and i have the Number.  Guys I am sick to my stomach and I dont know what to do.  I have CGC looking into it and the post office said that they just did not scan the package,  Looks like its gone guys.  If it pops up, Please let me know. I will be checking Ebay and other venues as possible leads.  The Package is Registered Mail and Tracking, it just stops in  Santa Clarita Ca,  And they cant find it.  

Registered or Certified? There's a big difference there. If it's Registered and it goes missing, that's a big frickin' deal for the USPS. I used to work at a PO, and Registered mail were literally locked up in a safe and there's a paper trail of every person who handles it. If that gets lost, you should have zero trouble getting insurance money for that. They should also have no trouble finding out who had it last and getting more info. Certified is none of that other than a record of it being sent.

When was the last record of it? I also wouldn't worry too much yet. Sometimes just due to the sheer volume of mail, things get lost temporarily or put in limbo on accident. An unscanned packaged is also not that rare. Eventually things get righted. I recently had a lost package that turned out to be sitting at the PO for a month.

Edited by Tnexus

There's one on the Bay with a best offer option.  But with the number of people watching I don't think this is new news to anybody.  Gorgeous book..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SS-CGC-9-8-NMM-Uncanny-X-men-510-Partial-Sketch-Psylocke-Variant-Sgn-by-Campbell-/302409341544?hash=item4669005a68:g:NkgAAOSwWsdZinie

Ok so after a long deal of 5 days and a lost package, I get it today.  First off this is NOT CGCs  fault in this matter.  HOWEVER! GCG uses Registered Mail to send its packages. They use a Priority Mail Number starting with  "9" etc.  Registered Mail uses "RR" etc in their delivery number.  CGC Also Places A big fat RED label that shows registered mail.   Within my case of issues, The post office Screwed up big time.  Registered Mail is supposed to be locked up and it must be signed for each stop it makes.   With my Postal code tracking number using a "9" with an attached Registered Mail,  When scanned the Post office thought it was  priority only because of the tracking starting with "9"  My box even though it got issued a Registered mail, RED label, it flopped along the mail route like Priority mail.  Apparently once it got to Santa Clarita Ca, it just  was removed for scanning and never put back into the Registered Mail bag with lock and key. So my packaged bounced around like a piece of $10 priory mail for 5 more days, No one bothered to even look and or care that is a Registered mail package and should be locked up.  When I spoke with the Local Post office here they told me the issue with the Numbers and when it seen as a "9" and not a "RR" red label they just did not take it to be as important.   I had a nice women from the Main  Office here in LA, call me and apologize that they were NOT doing their jobs and that will be looked into.  Heck I should have gotten a shipping refund.  Oh and the best part.  I never singed for it. I just appeared at my doorstep.  

Happy but discouraged in the uses of Registered mail .

Ranger565 aka Wampler

510.jpg

17 hours ago, Tnexus said:

Registered or Certified? There's a big difference there. If it's Registered and it goes missing, that's a big frickin' deal for the USPS. I used to work at a PO, and Registered mail were literally locked up in a safe and there's a paper trail of every person who handles it. If that gets lost, you should have zero trouble getting insurance money for that. They should also have no trouble finding out who had it last and getting more info. Certified is none of that other than a record of it being sent.

When was the last record of it? I also wouldn't worry too much yet. Sometimes just due to the sheer volume of mail, things get lost temporarily or put in limbo on accident. An unscanned packaged is also not that rare. Eventually things get righted. I recently had a lost package that turned out to be sitting at the PO for a month.

It was registered Big RED label, No they really did not act like it was a big deal.  

Well glad you got it! It's been years since I worked at the PO, but you probably could argue for a refund, at least on the Registered portion since it sounds like it wasn't honored. Is there a postage cost on the package? If it's a flat rate USPS box, it should be around $28 with registered mail with $500 insurance. If it's only around $12, then CGC screwed you. As for the PO, keep the faith. They process over 500,000,000 mail pieces per day.

23 hours ago, Ranger565 said:

Ok so after a long deal of 5 days and a lost package, I get it today.  First off this is NOT CGCs  fault in this matter.  HOWEVER! GCG uses Registered Mail to send its packages. They use a Priority Mail Number starting with  "9" etc.  Registered Mail uses "RR" etc in their delivery number.  CGC Also Places A big fat RED label that shows registered mail.   Within my case of issues, The post office Screwed up big time.  Registered Mail is supposed to be locked up and it must be signed for each stop it makes.   With my Postal code tracking number using a "9" with an attached Registered Mail,  When scanned the Post office thought it was  priority only because of the tracking starting with "9"  My box even though it got issued a Registered mail, RED label, it flopped along the mail route like Priority mail.  Apparently once it got to Santa Clarita Ca, it just  was removed for scanning and never put back into the Registered Mail bag with lock and key. So my packaged bounced around like a piece of $10 priory mail for 5 more days, No one bothered to even look and or care that is a Registered mail package and should be locked up.  When I spoke with the Local Post office here they told me the issue with the Numbers and when it seen as a "9" and not a "RR" red label they just did not take it to be as important.   I had a nice women from the Main  Office here in LA, call me and apologize that they were NOT doing their jobs and that will be looked into.  Heck I should have gotten a shipping refund.  Oh and the best part.  I never singed for it. I just appeared at my doorstep.  

Happy but discouraged in the uses of Registered mail .

Ranger565 aka Wampler

510.jpg

Awesome!  Glad you got her safely and with minimal delay.  This year alone, I've had to reholder 3 books because of sloppy handling (books well packed every time) and waited a total of 26 days worth of delays >_<

Jerome