• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uncanny Xmen 510 Sketch J Scott Campbell
2 2

142 posts in this topic

Going to have to steer clear of this auction. The seller's opening bid was ambitious to say the least given the last sale from a couple months ago, and the subsequent bidding activity is extremely sketchy. :tonofbricks:

It's a shame because the book certainly would have yielded a solid result anyway in a straight up auction given these only come up for sale once every couple months or so and the JSC fan base.

-J.

its good to steer clear of any specific auctions highlighted on these boards.

CBT! lol Hope all is good with you dude. Still putting a slabbed saga run together?

Hey :) , yah, got an RRP 9.8 recently for the first time (had the 9.6 earlier on).

Going to have to steer clear of this auction. The seller's opening bid was ambitious to say the least given the last sale from a couple months ago, and the subsequent bidding activity is extremely sketchy. :tonofbricks:

It's a shame because the book certainly would have yielded a solid result anyway in a straight up auction given these only come up for sale once every couple months or so and the JSC fan base.

-J.

its good to steer clear of any specific auctions highlighted on these boards.

CBT! lol Hope all is good with you dude. Still putting a slabbed saga run together?

Hey :) , yah, got an RRP 9.8 recently for the first time (had the 9.6 earlier on).

Right on man! I've been meaning it get another RRP myself.

Hehe...

Anyway, it looks like a couple bidders backed out it's back 'down' to $2,100.

Jerome

Whoa! $2,100? Maybe I should put mine in someplace safer! OK the more that I look at this current auction, I would be very cautious. Just seems funny to me that a 0 bidder retracts $2,200.

More will pop up, Jump_ace, Wait for your 9.8. You know as soon as you pull the trigger, someone going to post one. I would think that if this really does sell for $2,100+; more will pop up.

That's what happend to the 297 Gold Pressmen Variant. its not the Holy Grail anymore. ( although some seem to not agree with me on the boards)This has really taken over. But the Pressmen Variant does not sell like it used too, 3 are listed now and way under the $1500 bench mark they once made.

Good Luck guys!

Edited by Wampler

Hehe...

Anyway, it looks like a couple bidders backed out it's back 'down' to $2,100.

Jerome

Whoa! $2,100? Maybe I should put mine in someplace safer! OK the more that I look at this current auction, I would be very cautious. Just seems funny to me that a 0 bidder retracts $2,200.

More will pop up, Jump_ace, Wait for your 9.8. You know as soon as you pull the trigger, someone going to post one. I would think that if this really does sell for $2,100+; more will pop up.

That's what happened to the 297 Gold Pressmen Variant. its not the Holy Grail anymore. ( although some seem to not agree with me on the boards)This has really taken over. But the Pressmen Variant does not sell like it used too, 3 are listed now and way under the $1500 bench mark they once made.

Good Luck guys!

Oh yea, I won't touch anything that is raw or <9.6 for these kind of books. If I'm gonna go for it, I'm swinging for the fences lol But I don't mind waiting, just build up more caish.

That pressman is still sought after, but not in the conditions that are currently on ebay.

Jerome

That eBay posting is temping me to post one my sketch 510s. I swear whoever graded my copies was having an off day or was new because they put my books under a new category as "Campbell Variant Cover". So there are really 2 more besides the other 15 that are graded in the CGC census.They also only gave it 9.4 but really think it should have been higher. I was thinking of getting them pressed and regraded but just have been lazy.

That eBay posting is temping me to post one my sketch 510s.

How many do you have? :baiting:

The one on ebay is at $2,150 with less than an hour left. Don't think there will be much activity at this price point?

I have 2.

O really? :baiting: What grades are they?

Jerome

They are both only 9.4. I think I stop being lazy and send them to get pressed and regraded.