• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uncanny Xmen 510 Sketch J Scott Campbell
2 2

142 posts in this topic

I was wondering why I got a bunch of messages asking if it really sold at that price then i looked it up on completed sales via search on ebay and realized it shows up as sold at the list price...which it definitely did not. It appears there's a bug in the ebay site if the buyer exhausted all his offers and I ended up making an offer to the buyer via the ask a question response form...interesting...

Edited by pandahouse

I was wondering why I got a bunch of messages asking if it really sold at that price then i looked it up on completed sales via search on ebay and realized it shows up as sold at the list price...which it definitely did not. It appears there's a bug in the ebay site if the buyer exhausted all his offers and I ended up making an offer to the buyer via the ask a question response form...interesting...

Do you mind me asking around how much it actually sold for?

wow. is this why we should not rely on GPA data? How does GPA track OBO auctions?

wow. is this why we should not rely on GPA data? How does GPA track OBO auctions?

Good question, I assumed that they did properly....watchcount says it sold for full price too, odd. Either the ebay bug is real, or the buyer doesn't want to admit overpaying.

Jerome

I took an offer at the exact price the last one sold @.

I'm assuming the reason this isn't tracking correctly is that ebay is recording the sale price as full sale price on the listings on any item where the seller ended up making an offer to the buyer via the ask a question response form.

I've tested that with a coworker today and sure enough it shows up as selling at full price at all the ebay stat trackers even though he took an 1 cent offer from me.

This is actually something that could? be abused to throw off GPA data if it shows up at the wrong price when their api updates.

Edited by pandahouse

I took an offer at the exact price the last one sold @.

I'm assuming the reason this isn't tracking correctly is that ebay is recording the sale price as full sale price on the listings on any item where the seller ended up making an offer to the buyer via the ask a question response form.

I've tested that with a coworker today and sure enough it shows up as selling at full price at all the ebay stat trackers even though he took an 1 cent offer from me.

This is actually something that can definitely be abused to throw off GPA data.

Edit: I don't have an active GPA account but if someone wants to fix it if it's recorded at 3900 there then I'll provide the seller dashboard showing the correct price.

Woah, that is still pretty good even if you were sell it at the last price the other 9.6 sold for.

I would definitely update GPA. I can imagine all the "skewed" GPA highs for books which were significantly less.

Although, GPA really does not mean all too much when it comes to these variants . Right?

Another one (raw copy this time) just put up on ebay (bumping the "appreciation thread"):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uncanny-X-Men-510-SDCC-Sketch-Variant-Cover-J-Scott-Campbell-Very-Rare-/151936084073?hash=item236018a869:g:R1oAAOSwJkJWh0uX

-J.

Overpriced for the condition. Just another day on the bay!

Jerome

It looks better than that to me. He's right most of the defects are pressable. The only one that isn't is that little dog ear on the back. But even that could be significantly minimized. It probably could be a 9.0-9.2 as he says in his ad.

-J.

It can definitely benefit from a press but I'm around a 8.5-9 pressed. I asked the seller for a better pic of the bottom edge on the front cover and the request was just ignored. Makes me think there's a bit of imperfection there that can't be clearly seen from the way the book is pictured.

Still waiting for someone to post up a 9.8.

It looks better than that to me. He's right most of the defects are pressable. The only one that isn't is that little dog ear on the back. But even that could be significantly minimized. It probably could be a 9.0-9.2 as he says in his ad.

-J.

It can definitely benefit from a press but I'm around a 8.5-9 pressed. I asked the seller for a better pic of the bottom edge on the front cover and the request was just ignored. Makes me think there's a bit of imperfection there that can't be clearly seen from the way the book is pictured.

Still waiting for someone to post up a 9.8.

Same. Probably been a few years since a 9.8 was available on feebay.

Also, weird that the seller ignored your request for a better pic. It is not unreasonable at all given the asking price.