• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Des Moines -- May 19-21, 2017

25 posts in this topic

Seven months away. Doesn't look like Wizard has changed their booth prices, unless you count raising them by $100, so it'll cost you $1,100 to sell in Des Moines vs $1,500 for the four day Chicago show.

Seven months away. Doesn't look like Wizard has changed their booth prices, unless you count raising them by $100, so it'll cost you $1,100 to sell in Des Moines vs $1,500 for the four day Chicago show.

that is INSANE. des moines will also draw from lincoln and omaha, but still. Wizard should do tiered pricing like SDCC does where different kinds of vendors have different rates.

I'm in des moines a bit for work, was thinking I might try to hit this show, but with these rates I'm not sure they'll get many decent dealers there.

I've heard they signed a 3 yr agreement, and feelings are wizard may just break it off a year early. Again.. Just hearsay so don't take my word for it. I picked up a few things today before I had to leave town, but only about 6 comics dealers this year. Go see Chris @ Kristina's Collectibles & Mayhem Comics if you go.

Not even considering going and it's in town for me too. A one day ticket for $40 plus $120 for a Stan photo and that's about all the draw. I'll keep my $160 and the other memories of Stan. Only 1 comic vendor, show floor plan is bare. Wizard is grasping for a way to make money off this show and it's not going to happen.