• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looked at an interesting collection yesterday.

9 posts in this topic

It wasn't for sale, but a person I've known for years has been bugging me to come look at his collection.

Its kept in a room, and in file cabinets.

Short story- he has every Marvel Comic published from 1988 on, and is slowly filling in the missing issues from 1984 on. He has no interest in pre-1984 books.

That's one part.

The other part is he has every Marvel toy produced since 1986 and has only a couple to have everything from 1984. Also has every Marvel retail poster, and quite a few Retail display ones, as well as almost every T-shirt licensed by Marvel. He says that many of the vintage shirts and posters go for over a hundred dollars a pop.

It was fun to see and great to talk to someone who loves his stuff so much, but

couldn't even begin to put a value on his stuff. Everything is in its original packaging and the books appear to have been well chosen, and stored two to a mylite.

Sounds like a collection of love and not value (since 80's on Marvel books are not known for their high resale value) which also means like it would be a LOT of fun to look through! Does he have a reason for 84 as his cut off?

I have a guy that buys Hulk related merchandise and he has a very large home that has his basement filled with everything Hulk you can think of. Comics, toys, posters, cups, everything. His rule: he only buys officially licensed items.

The collection fills his entire basement.

about how many books would that end up being? I assume they are still adding the newer books as they come out as well. He must be some lucky LCS dream customer.

He buys his books from different sources. most of them he gets from a guy who buys them, reads them and sells them to him for sixty cents on the dollar.

He had a Diamond account for awhile but they took it away from him.