• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

House got robbed :(

91 posts in this topic

I do find it odd, that if it was just kids, that they were astute enough to leave the slabs, which are easy to trace, and snagged the raw HG X-men run, which is easy to move. It makes me wonder if you have any collecting "friends" who knew you were to be gone ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I do have a few collecting friends in the area but all of these guys either have better collections than I do or make more than I do. I also happen to trust all of them implicitly as pretty much all of them are well known and highly respected boardies, so that thought never crossed my mind.

I did alert the post office I was going to be out of town and that I had comics being delivered that I wanted held. Also some out of state Ebay sellers knew I wasn't going to be home because I asked them to hold off on shipping books..but I don't personally know any of them and I didn't tell them the details of my being out of town.

I do find it odd, that if it was just kids, that they were astute enough to leave the slabs, which are easy to trace, and snagged the raw HG X-men run, which is easy to move. It makes me wonder if you have any collecting "friends" who knew you were to be gone ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yep. I thought the same thing.

High grade X Men run and anime toys has me thinking kids or someone that knows only a little about comics. That particular X Men run is probably the most well known run of comics of any period. Slabs aren't so easy to trace if you break the books out so if value was the primary motivation, the slabs still would have gone first (I'm obviously assuming the slabs were worth more than that X Men run, which might be a bad assumption).

Either way, the situation sucks and I hope the thieves and books are found :wishluck:

Hi, we just came back from Heroes Con in Charlotte to find that our house has been broken into and several things stolen. Strange robbery in that they stole none of our electronics big or small. Yet they stole and trashed quite a bit of my wife's anime toy collection.

As far as comics they didn't take any of the slabs I have displayed in my comic room or the 3 boxes of slabs I have for resale..or even any of the raw books I have in my waiting to send to CGC pile. What the did take were some random John Byrne comics that were waiting to be read, the first 15 or so issues of Master of Kung Fu and the worst of all...my HG X-Men set that I've been collecting since the late 1970's issues 94-150. Some of those books are irreplaceable in the sense that my mother bought me some of the earlier issues I didn't get off the stand as presents.

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone in the Chicago area hears anything about a HG run being offered, please contact me.

Thanks for your time

Casey

Sounds like an inside job in that somebody knew what your family had.

I hope you get everything back.

:wishluck:

Teenagers living within a 7 house radius are the culprits. And all the other teens in the neighborhood know about it.

Hi, we just came back from Heroes Con in Charlotte to find that our house has been broken into and several things stolen. Strange robbery in that they stole none of our electronics big or small. Yet they stole and trashed quite a bit of my wife's anime toy collection.

As far as comics they didn't take any of the slabs I have displayed in my comic room or the 3 boxes of slabs I have for resale..or even any of the raw books I have in my waiting to send to CGC pile. What the did take were some random John Byrne comics that were waiting to be read, the first 15 or so issues of Master of Kung Fu and the worst of all...my HG X-Men set that I've been collecting since the late 1970's issues 94-150. Some of those books are irreplaceable in the sense that my mother bought me some of the earlier issues I didn't get off the stand as presents.

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone in the Chicago area hears anything about a HG run being offered, please contact me.

Thanks for your time

Casey

Just saw this Casey, I will make a few calls to some of the local guys who buy stuff and also keep an eye out

If you want or need any additional help, please let me know, shoot me a PM

Truly sorry to hear about the break in. It sucks that some of the books had sentimental value as anything else can be replaced at a price, but no one can ever replace the sentimental value.

Hope they catch them!

Casey so sorry to hear this. Scumbags. Sounds like somebody knew what they could take that was easiest to re-sell (unslabbed X-Men books) rather than slabs with serial numbers on them. Apparently though they were not smart enough to know you can bust comics out of slabs.

In any case, I hope they catch them and justice is served. Violently. :censored:

Please post a list that can be circulated to area shops. Glad to hear nearby boardies are also spreading the word.

Casey....very sorry to hear this happened. lowlifes like that in the world make it worse for the rest of us. :mad:

And I'm assuming you probably have scans of that high grade X-Men run? I would also keep an eye on eBay and Amazon as well. They might try to piece-meal the books 1 or 2 at a time and you might be able to catch the culprits by matching up scans. Stranger things have happened so stay diligent. (thumbs u

Casey so sorry to hear this. Scumbags. Sounds like somebody knew what they could take that was easiest to re-sell (unslabbed X-Men books) rather than slabs with serial numbers on them. Apparently though they were not smart enough to know you can bust comics out of slabs.

In any case, I hope they catch them and justice is served. Violently. :censored:

Please post a list that can be circulated to area shops. Glad to hear nearby boardies are also spreading the word.

We're still waiting for the forensic tech to come...we've only been waiting 14 hours :( Which means we can't clean up, can't touch anything...can't even lay down in the bedroom. It's tough not being able to "move on" with our lives and see a constant reminder of being violated.

As far as the comics, I can't make a complete list of what's missing as I was told not to touch anything until the forensic people get here. So from what I can just see without being able to dig through stuff, here's the list so far.

X-Men:

94-160, Annuals 3-14

Special Marvel Edition:

Master of Kung Fu:

17-29

Captain America:

153-156, 158, 162, 170, 258, 261-269, 274-280, 282-286.

They also took some random Byrne books like the first couple Generations series and part of the third, but as I said I won't have the complete list until the cops do their thing. The main stuff they took and the most valuable were obviously the HG X-Men.