• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rip Earl Norem

18 posts in this topic

Sad to hear this...so sad. The man was a giant in comics for decades.

His paintings form some of my best nostalgic memories of comics and magazines from the 70's and 80's.

I had the chance to meet him and speak to him at Heroes Con in Charlotte a few years ago and get him to sign a bunch of magazines and prints. Nicest man and very appreciative of the attention.

Here's a pic of Mr. Norem and Myself (pre-weight loss). He will be missed greatly.

norem_zpsiymqsrko.jpg

Does anybody know if this is the only copy signed by Earl? It says there are 2 9.4 SS on the census but I'm betting those are signed by Stan Lee hm anybody have any to step up?

6.5 or not, I still love this one.

Wow those are great! I'm glad there's people who loved his work as much as myself.

Here is one (confused by the grade), will resub it eventually I think, but love it all the same.

SilverSurferNorem_zps3b6e527c.jpg

Hey Lloyd - I am 90% sure that the other was signed by Lee and Sinnott. I feel like I have seen it in the last year or so. I actually look at books signed by Lee that he worked on. It is a lot of work to find them, though.

lol

SSOC%20Norem125_zpsfhkhmmzg.jpg

Ha, of all the ones you picked to show it's the one I had signed, sold to you, and then bought back! :lol:

lol

Yeah, that's probably why I had the scan handy.

The rest of mine were in a box I couldn't get to.

lol Great! Thanks Sean. Kind of cool to see that I might have the only book signed by him, regardless of the grade, it's still very cool I think :)

Hey Lloyd - I am 90% sure that the other was signed by Lee and Sinnott. I feel like I have seen it in the last year or so. I actually look at books signed by Lee that he worked on. It is a lot of work to find them, though.

lol