• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Green Lantern reboot thread.

135 posts in this topic

Next GL movie to have multiple Green Lanterns.

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/24/geen-lantern-reboot-rumored-to-feature-multiple-green-lanterns/

(So, not unlike the first one?) hm

thanks for the starting the thread now we can all post in here with any green lantern new.

i was starting to think when we haven't even heard anything on who is going to play the new green lantern. i do see WB/DC making casting news and movies update at SDCC.

Everyone better get their showcase 22's while they're still "cheap".

If ever a book was primed for a hulk 1/showcase 4-style price spike it is that one.

-J.

DC are so undervalued in my book even this one!

If ever a book was primed for a hulk 1/showcase 4-style price spike it is that one.

-J.

DC are so undervalued in my book even this one!

+1

Especially considering GL was/is one of the top 2 reboots to come out of the SA for DC that is still pretty much the same character we know today (just like the Flash).

-J.

LATINO REVIEW: Two Green Lanterns

The cool thing (in retrospect) is that it looks like WB was Kahning us JJ Abrams style with the rumor that Chris Pine was in negotiations to play Princess Diana’s love interest Steve Trevor in Wonder Woman. Pine was rumored to be a candidate for Hal Jordan way back when we realized Ryan Reynolds would never float in a green suit again, and the rumors of Pine circling Wonder Woman were actually Pine closing in on the role of Hal Jordan.

As for Jon Stewart, both Tyrese and Common have been the most rumored names to fill that role. Common scored himself a role in Suicide Squad and if DC and WB are playing by the Disney mega-franchising rules, you shouldn’t have the possibility that a hero version of your actor could conceivably meet the villain version of your actor. I’d count Common out while also noting that Tyrese is part of the Fast and Furious franchise cast, which gives him heat in the “look at our star studded Justice League” category.

I know I probably sound crazy.

But would love to see Guy Gardner and John Stewart as the focus.

...with Ryan Reynolds doing a brief cameo or two as Hal.

I still like Reynolds and don't feel like he was the reason why GL didn't work for the WB.

Edited by philsbackpack

-J.

I just picked up my SC22 CGC 2.5 - been looking for awhile and was afraid it would spike, so I am stoked to have a copy finally!

-J.

I just picked up my SC22 CGC 2.5 - been looking for awhile and was afraid it would spike, so I am stoked to have a copy finally!

:banana:

You should post it in the SC 22 thread I the SA sub-forum.

-J.

I know I probably sound crazy.

But would love to see Guy Gardner and John Stewart as the focus.

...with Ryan Reynolds doing a brief cameo or two as Hal.

I still like Reynolds and don't feel like he was the reason why GL didn't work for the WB.

+1

worst parts of the movie were the plot and Blake Lively's acting. The tone wasn't ideal, but Ryan Reynolds was fine for that tone. Just wasn't too sure what they were going for with the first movie.