• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The First Kevin Eastman Sketch Opp Pick up and drop off at SDCC

134 posts in this topic

Dont be alarmed if I dont read the Akoni Pms I am getting. I am leaving them flashing and unread so I dont miss anyone. I will read them all by Friday. If for some reason I did click on yours and it says read please bump it by friday.

I will be calling CGC tomorrow and Friday ill start the group PM. After Xmas ill reach out and see what I can find out for all you guys.

Thanks Doug

Here we go, over the past few days/week I have been responding to pm's based on oldest to newest. So those on page 8... yes sadly I have almost 8 pages worth of pm's are what are being responded to and how I was whittling down the list, so with each bump of the conversations I was still doing responses to the back pages first instead of the newest pages.

I would say I have been busy but like everyone has mentioned we are all busy. I've been balancing between work, travel, conventions, college, and some personal things over the past few months but none of it is an excuse.

As for Kevin and or reaching out to him, honestly it is fine and is your right to do so but as far as commissions for each of these opps, they're done and have been turned in. Yes there are a select few that have not been completed and those are much larger commissions but for the most part out of 13 commission's left as said in the PL response which most were requests on facebook through him and another I am now down to 9 with four in hand as of this past Friday. Those 4 were three from Amazing Hawaii and one additional that was requested from him at Amazing Oklahoma that simply wasn't handed back to the requester due to setting something up through his wife at the show. Aside from that all of the Hawaii commissions from here and all but the remaining 3 insane requests from SDCC... although one should be taken off the list by the end of next week are completed and at CGC. Not waiting to go to CGC but actually at CGC.

As for the suggestion for weekly updates, I will ensure I start doing this here so by this coming Friday I will post an update even if it is simply a no change to status and who I called and or when I called them type of thing. Either way a weekly update will be done.

As for a few of the other opps I have going, I am also complete with those and will knock them out again, asap. I appreciate the heads up from Adonis earlier and will check in with Doug as well to ease some minds. More from me shortly.

Dont be alarmed if I dont read the Akoni Pms I am getting. I am leaving them flashing and unread so I dont miss anyone. I will read them all by Friday. If for some reason I did click on yours and it says read please bump it by friday.

I will be calling CGC tomorrow and Friday ill start the group PM. After Xmas ill reach out and see what I can find out for all you guys.

(worship)

for what its worth, I've dealt with akoni several times and he's been great to work with. don't be alarmed with delays - he's been trustworthy when I've dealt with him.

hm

(shrug)

I don't have much for this update, books are still at CGC under two separate groups for the SDCC and the Hawaii books. As for sketches that were owed still at 9 (only 3 of the Insanity for SDCC belong to this group) and waiting to get an update most likely after Christmas and at SacAnime which is the 1st-3rd of January as that will be the next time I see Kevin due to the holiday's. Drove to West Virginia over the past two days for personal reasons but will update as I can through my phone.

I don't have much for this update, books are still at CGC under two separate groups for the SDCC and the Hawaii books. As for sketches that were owed still at 9 (only 3 of the Insanity for SDCC belong to this group) and waiting to get an update most likely after Christmas and at SacAnime which is the 1st-3rd of January as that will be the next time I see Kevin due to the holiday's. Drove to West Virginia over the past two days for personal reasons but will update as I can through my phone.

(thumbs u

I talked to Akoni a few days ago. He still has lot going on and I don't know all of the details, but he has some immediate family issues that I think most can relate to. I'm sure most everyone here knows he'll follow through. If there's anyone out there whose word has meaning, it's Akoni. I know it's hard, but just try to be a little more patient.

I talked to Akoni a few days ago. He still has lot going on and I don't know all of the details, but he has some immediate family issues that I think most can relate to. I'm sure most everyone here knows he'll follow through. If there's anyone out there whose word has meaning, it's Akoni. I know it's hard, but just try to be a little more patient.

To be quite frank, he's been dropping the ball for months...at least since September for me personally. I've facilitated for him once before but this is the first time he's facilitated for me and I wouldn't exactly call this a huge success of an opp. As for his word, unfortunately, he gave his word that he'd give updates weekly until things were caught up. The last update from him was 12/18...at least two weeks without the update he gave his word he'd provide. I'm not 100% convinced that more patience based opon his world is really warranted in this case.

I understand that there may be personal/professional commitments that may temporarily supersede commitments here, but that doesn't excuse a complete lack of communication for this long. Akoni can still turn this around and I sincerely hope he does...but he needs to work harder.

If things are rough for Akoni now, I sincerely hope they get better. :foryou:

Okay,

First off, I want to thank every single one of you for being graciously patient with this. I know some of you are upset, and have taken issues in the Probation Thread, that's your choice.

This may be short, or long, depending on how it's worded. To save grace and reputation with CGC and the Eastmans, I'm going to take the proactive approach and attempt to salvage this. I will not discuss private issues or any ongoing problems that may or may not have occurred. All I will say is that I will do whatever I can to make sure that the books that are at CGC get taken care of.

If you're directly involved in the private signing or sketch opp, please PM me. I will do my best to provide you with an invoice number and what books were signed/given to Akoni.

If you were a dealer that sent books to get done at a certain show, please pm me as well. I'll need to know what shows, and what books were sent to get signed ect, and an invoice number if available.

I'll try to update everyone as quickly as possible.

Thank you again from myself, Ty, and Yaw.