• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicXposure - Scam?
1 1

110 posts in this topic

I have SEVERAL outstanding orders with both companies - Unknown Comics and ComicXposure.  Both seem to use the same software for shipping and both are horrible if they ship.  I say "If" because they require you to wait 10 business days IF they ship your paid order.  Both provide excuses (bad excuses) of they are late.  "Late"  not even close to strong enough of a term for their shipping. I do not understand why artists continue to provide them with exclusive variants as it reflects very poorly on the industry, artists, and online distributors. While they don't have time to ship or ship accurately, they seem to find the time to send 10+ emails in a single day, update their social media accounts, purchase booth space contracts at conventions, and work with artists on exclusives.  Unless customers victims, stop purchasing from them, they will continue to cast shade on most areas of the comic industry.

I am also part of this "I've been scammed by ComicXposure"

I have 7 orders from the months of Feb-April last year 2019.

Messaged them on the site and FB multiple times, phone number is a machine. No response.

All the orders say Fulfilled on the site and I've received USPS tracking numbers on the orders last Nov. But all the USPS statuses are in Pre-shipment as in USPS is waiting to recieve the shipment from ComicXposure to send it.

I have 2 orders from September of 2019 that remain unfulfilled. It is now nearly May 2020. Approximately $150 worth of merch. No response from multiple emails, facebook and twitter. They keep sending me promos and have time for that, but not my books.Hell, they even sent an email stating a delay because of the covid outbreak. 😂😂😂 

Side note: Their 'exclusives' aren't even THEIR exclusives. 

Shady as sh*t.  

I have 3 outstanding orders from ComicXposure totaling $300.  The earliest order is from September of 2019, which is 9 months ago.  2 additional orders from January 2020, which is 6 months old.  I haven't heard anything from them and the website says "PAID - UNFULFILLED".  I sent messages through their website - no responses.  I tried calling the number on their website - busy signal.  I messaged them through Facebook - no reply.  I had to go to my credit card company and dispute the charges to get my money back.  Make no mistake, I would MUCH RATHER have my comic books than a refund.

And I get the whole COVID thing hitting comic shops hard.  I would happily buy more books from ComicXposure if they had given me customer service.  Send me an email saying "Hey I got your order, I know its taking a long time to process, but I will get them to you."  That's really all it would take to keep me as a customer.  But ComicXposure is a black hole.

I'm really disappointed.  I've been patient for 6 months but I can't wait any more.  I will not buy from ComicXposure in the future.

Kudos to Discover Card for assisting me in my refund.  Amazing customer service.

Here is the list of books I am waiting for. The phone number on their site is always busy and I see they have an F rating with the BBB. I'll probably never see these books or my money again, I would not suggest anyone buy from them.

2020-06-18 (1).png

On 6/12/2020 at 1:26 PM, Jason Schwartz said:

I have 3 outstanding orders from ComicXposure totaling $300.  The earliest order is from September of 2019, which is 9 months ago.  2 additional orders from January 2020, which is 6 months old.  I haven't heard anything from them and the website says "PAID - UNFULFILLED".  I sent messages through their website - no responses.  I tried calling the number on their website - busy signal.  I messaged them through Facebook - no reply.  I had to go to my credit card company and dispute the charges to get my money back.  Make no mistake, I would MUCH RATHER have my comic books than a refund.

And I get the whole COVID thing hitting comic shops hard.  I would happily buy more books from ComicXposure if they had given me customer service.  Send me an email saying "Hey I got your order, I know its taking a long time to process, but I will get them to you."  That's really all it would take to keep me as a customer.  But ComicXposure is a black hole.

I'm really disappointed.  I've been patient for 6 months but I can't wait any more.  I will not buy from ComicXposure in the future.

Kudos to Discover Card for assisting me in my refund.  Amazing customer service.

ComcXposure was "providing," if one may call it such, horrendous customer service long before the Covid-19 pandemic, as posts on this sting attest, and also shipped "new," if one may call them that, comic books that were in, being generous, (Edit: one too many uses of the word "in") VF-/7.5 condition. Of course, as you and others mention, the comic books were shipped after they became "vintage."

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
"In."

I've had three orders with them that were fine, although they did all take longer to ship than any other store I've ever purchased from. My last order was placed in February, and I stupidly included a pre-order book. But that book was released 3 weeks ago and I still have no info on my order. 

Last purchase I'll make from them for sure. 

22 minutes ago, Kon_Jelly said:

I've had three orders with them that were fine, although they did all take longer to ship than any other store I've ever purchased from. My last order was placed in February, and I stupidly included a pre-order book. But that book was released 3 weeks ago and I still have no info on my order. 

This was me!  I didn't see this thread 2 year ago and had 2 (possibly 3...) orders ship just fine.  Then I had 2 in that "Paid - Unfulfilled" category.  Email and phone were dead-ends.  I finally got them on Facebook.  Both orders were immediately marked as "Shipped" and one arrived a few days later.  The other - still marked as shipped - never arrived.  The USPS tracking still has the "electronic info submitted by shipper" tag so it's pretty clear they never did a thing.  I called the credit card company and got the money back.  This was over a year ago.

These guys have been awful for a long time - just wish I'd known earlier as I'd have spent that money at a more deserving shop.

I've found the easiest way to get them to contact you is by calling your CC company to file a fraudulent transaction report because they never shipped the items.  It's like magic.  The second you mess with the money then they want to be your buddy.  It's been years since I ordered from them, and will never do it again.  

I still receive emails from ComicXposure as I have the pleasure of deleting them. Over the last several years I have received at least two emails from them offering me a fifty percent discount off my order if I return as a customer. Of course, by giving one a fifty percent discount on an order they have, if possible, even less incentive to ship it.

I haven't had any shipping problems but they sent me the wrong covers. I ordered variants and they sent the standard covers, lost a lot of money for that. Phone didn't work, emails and IMs were ignored. I even posted a comment on their FB about it and they deleted it. Never ordering from them again.

On 6/19/2020 at 10:02 AM, Kon_Jelly said:

What was the pre order book??? 

On 6/19/2020 at 11:07 AM, Antyreal said:

I haven't had any shipping problems but they sent me the wrong covers. I ordered variants and they sent the standard covers, lost a lot of money for that. Phone didn't work, emails and IMs were ignored. I even posted a comment on their FB about it and they deleted it. Never ordering from them again.

Contact your credit card company. I had a similar problem. I bought books in February and didn't get them. Called last week and my credit card company had no problems giving me a full refund.

14 hours ago, Chelsea Charles said:

What was the pre order book??? 

It was J Scott Campbell's variant of Birds of Prey. I was buying a few JSC books on the order and didn't realize that was a preorder. Still silence from them. Unfortunately I paid via Apple Pay Cash (not the card like I usually do) so I have no idea how to go about getting my money back, but I'm trying now. I also reached out to Shopify to see if I could do anything about suspending their account (which would essentially shut down their online store). 

On 6/18/2020 at 1:38 PM, mysterymachine said:

Here is the list of books I am waiting for. The phone number on their site is always busy and I see they have an F rating with the BBB. I'll probably never see these books or my money again, I would not suggest anyone buy from them.

2020-06-18 (1).png

I made an account here just to reply to your post and others like it. I had an order with comicxposure in February. Books never arrived, tried calling etc etc. Basically what you spoke about.

Thankfully, I got a tip from a friend who owns a comic shop and does business with them from time to time. He told me the owner is a real scumbag, but thankfully, he also provided me with a method of contact. There have been rumblings of this online, but I can say with 100% accuracy that the infamous seller Drewbizz on ebay, is the owner of comicexposure. 

With this information, I messaged him and called him out. Gave him my order number, and demanded a refund. He loudly denied this, but slipped up. I should post the messages tbh. He denied having ANY affiliation with comicxposure, but in that same sentence, admitted to "doing business" with them frequently. The funniest part, was later in the message, he actually said something along the lines of, "If you were nicer to me, maybe I would have helped you get your books. But not now!" I couldn't believe it.

However, I threatened to go to my credit card company, Capital One, and leave them to deal with him. He didn't reply, and what do you know? The next day, MONTHS after the order, I get a text saying my Comicxposure order is ready, and was given a tracking number. 

I recommend you do the same! That's a lot of money he owes you. If he doesn't comply, get your credit card company involved. They will help.

26 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Isn't what he's doing against the law? Can't people just sue him?

I reported him to BBB. I wasnt and I believe no one else is going to sue over a couple hundred dollars someone from out of state. If you ordered from this loser stop contacting them, count your losses, and just bash him all over social media. Hes scamming ALOT of people. Just read his twitter page. Spread the word to artists to stop working with him. I ordered 3 books, received 1 and the other two were replaced with "true believers" garbage. 

5 hours ago, jason4 said:

I reported him to BBB. I wasnt and I believe no one else is going to sue over a couple hundred dollars someone from out of state. If you ordered from this loser stop contacting them, count your losses, and just bash him all over social media. Hes scamming ALOT of people. Just read his twitter page. Spread the word to artists to stop working with him. I ordered 3 books, received 1 and the other two were replaced with "true believers" garbage. 

If you paid with a cc, by all means DO NOT just “count your losses”.  Dispute the bleep out of the charge(s).