• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicXposure - Scam?
1 1

110 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

If you paid with a cc, by all means DO NOT just “count your losses”.  Dispute the bleep out of the charge(s).

Yea I should have said that. I paid with a debit card so I could not get my money back no matter what I did.

I guess I should update.  My last two orders arrived a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if he happened to see my post or if it is just coincidence, but still a customer shouldn't wait weeks after the books arrive in the shops to get the books they preorder. He either needs to hire more help or close his business.

On 7/23/2020 at 4:47 PM, jason4 said:

Yea I should have said that. I paid with a debit card so I could not get my money back no matter what I did.

Can this less than responsible merchant see your debit card number? Or did you pay through a portal that doesn't enable him that info? Because if he can see it, either keep a close eye on your account balance and recent transactions and/or change the card. 

5 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Can this less than responsible merchant see your debit card number? Or did you pay through a portal that doesn't enable him that info? Because if he can see it, either keep a close eye on your account balance and recent transactions and/or change the card. 

This was a while ago so I dont know if he could see the card number through online order but you make a good point. I never noticed money missing st the time. Just my variants.

9 hours ago, mysterymachine said:

I guess I should update.  My last two orders arrived a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if he happened to see my post or if it is just coincidence, but still a customer shouldn't wait weeks after the books arrive in the shops to get the books they preorder. He either needs to hire more help or close his business.

That's good at least you got them. I never did. Avoid them from now on tho and if they have a must have just get it from someone on ebay later. 

On 7/23/2020 at 9:11 AM, Spencer Gibara said:

I made an account here just to reply to your post and others like it. I had an order with comicxposure in February. Books never arrived, tried calling etc etc. Basically what you spoke about.

Thankfully, I got a tip from a friend who owns a comic shop and does business with them from time to time. He told me the owner is a real scumbag, but thankfully, he also provided me with a method of contact. There have been rumblings of this online, but I can say with 100% accuracy that the infamous seller Drewbizz on ebay, is the owner of comicexposure. 

With this information, I messaged him and called him out. Gave him my order number, and demanded a refund. He loudly denied this, but slipped up. I should post the messages tbh. He denied having ANY affiliation with comicxposure, but in that same sentence, admitted to "doing business" with them frequently. The funniest part, was later in the message, he actually said something along the lines of, "If you were nicer to me, maybe I would have helped you get your books. But not now!" I couldn't believe it.

However, I threatened to go to my credit card company, Capital One, and leave them to deal with him. He didn't reply, and what do you know? The next day, MONTHS after the order, I get a text saying my Comicxposure order is ready, and was given a tracking number. 

I recommend you do the same! That's a lot of money he owes you. If he doesn't comply, get your credit card company involved. They will help.

You are blowing my mind with the Drewbizz reference...I don't even know what to say except I don't like the way drewbizz does "business." Knowing he is involved with comicxposure says so many bad things about them as a company. Wow...

I had a bad experience with Comicxposure. Pre-ordered books, books were released, three months later no shipping notification, couldn't or wouldn't respond to repeated phone/e-mail attempts at contact. I got in contact with a friend of a friend who knows the owner, tried to get a message across that way (I hate trading in favors, but this was a pretty good size order as far as my bankroll goes)...no luck. I put in the fraud claim with Visa & 48hrs later I had a shipping notification e-mail and tracking number from Comicxposure, as well as a partial refund for books that I'd pre-ordered but they had over-sold & didn't have any copies left. 

So yeah, I won't deal with Comicxposure directly. If they have a variant I want, I'll eBay it, or try and get it from a boardie. The only good thing to come of this is that I was put in touch with a shop owner I wouldn't have come across on my own, and that guy is super cool. Been ordering from him from time to time ever since: https://collectorcave.shop/

On 11/4/2020 at 8:26 AM, BabaLament said:

I had a bad experience with Comicxposure. Pre-ordered books, books were released, three months later no shipping notification, couldn't or wouldn't respond to repeated phone/e-mail attempts at contact. I got in contact with a friend of a friend who knows the owner, tried to get a message across that way (I hate trading in favors, but this was a pretty good size order as far as my bankroll goes)...no luck. I put in the fraud claim with Visa & 48hrs later I had a shipping notification e-mail and tracking number from Comicxposure, as well as a partial refund for books that I'd pre-ordered but they had over-sold & didn't have any copies left. 

So yeah, I won't deal with Comicxposure directly. If they have a variant I want, I'll eBay it, or try and get it from a boardie. The only good thing to come of this is that I was put in touch with a shop owner I wouldn't have come across on my own, and that guy is super cool. Been ordering from him from time to time ever since: https://collectorcave.shop/

The end of my story is the same as this. Ridiculous.

Greetings,

Does anyone have any updated contact info for these folks?  They don't seem to be answering their phones, and have been non-responsive to facebook and instagram messages.

You're not going to believe this, but a friend (international) of mine made an order 3+ months ago that hasn't been filled.  Oddly or not oddly, he actually made two orders around the same time, and ONE of them was fulfilled.

The CEO is on Linkedin and my friend may end up messaging him, but I thought I'd try here first and see if anyone has any good CURRENT contact info.  Thanks for your help.

Wash your hands.