• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicXposure - Scam?
1 1

110 posts in this topic

Wow. Have pre-ordered numerous exclusive variants from them.

Have always received them in a timely fashion and packaged very well.

Certainly not trying to dispute or discredit any of the claims being made in this thread, as I have no reason to believe you guys are making these things up. I'm just surprised at how poorly your situations appear to have been handled by them.

I've ordered only once from them with mixed feelings.

I ordered the renew your vows 3 color variant at 9.99 a pop, I looked it up again a few days later and saw that the price had jumped to 19.99 or more (don't recall exactly). It reminded me of the boba fett action figure variant price jump cash grab which was none too popular here on the boards.

On the bright side I did get my copies for the 9.99 price- in good shape, packaged well and on time.

How many more shills can this thread handle?

Sheesh, did like 25 people join the boards just to call out or support this crappy online comic speculation service?

Mods - please put this thread out of its misery...

What are you seeing that's shilly? I realize the OP has a limited post count, but I think it kinda makes sense in some cases when someone is asking about a service to see that, especially if they've been lurking and now have an inquiry about something that has affected them personally.

I should say as well that I ordered twice from them. At NYCC last year, I had reserved the two Enormous #4 variants. One they had at the show, and I paid and took that one. The second they hadn't received yet, so I paid for that and they shipped it after the con. It arrived undamaged, but is wasn't well-protected (in a manila envelope, with thin cardboard on one side of the book only), so it could have easily been damaged in transit (fortunately it didn't have to go far). The second shipment was the Renew Your Vows variant, which was packaged in a cardboard mailer, s I would expect books to be shipped. So, not a scam, but I think they need better quality control (and better customer service, from the sounds of it), if they're going to be offering up variants at a premium price.

No shill here. I've ordered from them once. It was a preorder for RYV 3, so the wait was long. I also ordered 2 other books with it.

The order was packaged well and the books arrived in great condition. I'd order from them again, but not really for spec purposes as they make 50 million versions of their variants. The covers are definitely cool tho for PC.

I am having a problem with them now over a order they shipped incorrectly. Been over 2 weeks now since they said they would fix it right away and nothing yet. Phone calls go right to google voice and e-mail unanswered.

been almost 3 weeks since my initial order and 2 since my second. other than the initial email from saying i have an order i havent received any info. I tried emailing them and contacting them here to no avail. I have no idea whats up with my order. What worries me is that when i log onto my account it says i have no orders. I could understand if they take a while to send them out but at least answer your damn emails in a timely manner.

Seems in 2016 nothing has changed for Comicxposure.

They still don't answer emails and i have been waiting 7 months for my order.

Comicxposure have AGAIN been exposed for the CROOKS they are.

Buyer beware.

Here is what has been happening with me and Comicxposure.

They contacted me Sept 2014 thru Instagram. They saw the drawings I have done on blank comic covers. They wanted me to send them some of my artwork and sell them for me on their site. I was told they were launching a new webpage and wanted to feature artists and sell sketch books online. They would sell them and take a % for doing so. They told me they were going to be at the New York Comic con and would bring books there to. I liked the idea and was down for trying it out. I gave them 8 books. They took them, set up the webpage and starting trying to sell them. At the convention they raffled one off (with my permission), but never sold any. Time passed and the web paged stayed the same. No updates. They posted on Instagram books they had to sell but never posted mine or trying to promote that they had one of a kind sketch books. Fast forward 2015. I never heard from them or saw any updates. In July of 2015. I tried emailing them and go no reply. I then tried to contact them thur the webpage and got no reply. This went on for months. In that time not only did they update the webpage, but while doing so removed the page selling my art. You cant even search my name anymore. So I emailed again....nothing. Messaged thur the webpage.....nothing. Finally 2 months ago I messaged them thur Instagram. I simply said that I never heard from them, so I guess nothing sold, I saw they are not on the webpage to sell anymore, so I would at least like my books back. It took me time to draw them all and If they wont sell them, give me my artwork back. I finally got a reply. They said then were in the middle of moving the business and when they got settled in they would mail them back. So today I messaged them again, two months since the last message. I said again, that its been a while, where are my books. I will be mad if they lost them or did something else, BUT I was trying to sell them anyway. So I said if you cant and dont want to mail them back, the prices they were selling them food was for $230.00 total for the 7 books. Giving them a 20% commission on selling them....If I cant have my books back I want a check for $184.00. I dont feel I did anything wrong, I dont feel I should be treated this way. They are being extremely unprofessional. I havent heard anything yet from them since my last message with was them morning, but this afternoon, I saw they posted on Instagram again. I will begin telling people more about how Im being treated and will be sure to write it on every blog, webpage, facebook and so on I can. I will let other artists that work with them know how they treat people and I will write to Marvel, DC and Image and let them know what kind of company they are that they are letting put their name on the cover over their books. I will also make it a point to get to a convention they are at and protest. I work for a sign company too, so I will have free range of banners and picket signs. I dont like being treated this way when all they had to do was man up and show some human respect.

And if they try to act like Im lying or pulling your legs, I have emails, Instagram pics and messages and screen shots of the webpage when my art was for sale.

I remember when Comicxposure used to come on here and respond-yeah they don't do that any more.

Last business that pulled this grab and vanish act was the now defunct Blue Planet Comics.