• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicXposure - Scam?
1 1

110 posts in this topic

Here is what has been happening with me and Comicxposure.

They contacted me Sept 2014 thru Instagram. They saw the drawings I have done on blank comic covers. They wanted me to send them some of my artwork and sell them for me on their site. I was told they were launching a new webpage and wanted to feature artists and sell sketch books online. They would sell them and take a % for doing so. They told me they were going to be at the New York Comic con and would bring books there to. I liked the idea and was down for trying it out. I gave them 8 books. They took them, set up the webpage and starting trying to sell them. At the convention they raffled one off (with my permission), but never sold any. Time passed and the web paged stayed the same. No updates. They posted on Instagram books they had to sell but never posted mine or trying to promote that they had one of a kind sketch books. Fast forward 2015. I never heard from them or saw any updates. In July of 2015. I tried emailing them and go no reply. I then tried to contact them thur the webpage and got no reply. This went on for months. In that time not only did they update the webpage, but while doing so removed the page selling my art. You cant even search my name anymore. So I emailed again....nothing. Messaged thur the webpage.....nothing. Finally 2 months ago I messaged them thur Instagram. I simply said that I never heard from them, so I guess nothing sold, I saw they are not on the webpage to sell anymore, so I would at least like my books back. It took me time to draw them all and If they wont sell them, give me my artwork back. I finally got a reply. They said then were in the middle of moving the business and when they got settled in they would mail them back. So today I messaged them again, two months since the last message. I said again, that its been a while, where are my books. I will be mad if they lost them or did something else, BUT I was trying to sell them anyway. So I said if you cant and dont want to mail them back, the prices they were selling them food was for $230.00 total for the 7 books. Giving them a 20% commission on selling them....If I cant have my books back I want a check for $184.00. I dont feel I did anything wrong, I dont feel I should be treated this way. They are being extremely unprofessional. I havent heard anything yet from them since my last message with was them morning, but this afternoon, I saw they posted on Instagram again. I will begin telling people more about how Im being treated and will be sure to write it on every blog, webpage, facebook and so on I can. I will let other artists that work with them know how they treat people and I will write to Marvel, DC and Image and let them know what kind of company they are that they are letting put their name on the cover over their books. I will also make it a point to get to a convention they are at and protest. I work for a sign company too, so I will have free range of banners and picket signs. I dont like being treated this way when all they had to do was man up and show some human respect.

And if they try to act like Im lying or pulling your legs, I have emails, Instagram pics and messages and screen shots of the webpage when my art was for sale.

This seems like it might be worth mentioning to the police actually. Possibly a 'theft by false pretense'. They took your art, and never did with it what you were promised. I very much hope you have some type of documentation about your original contract with them. If so, it may be worth a call to your local law enforcement or district attorney's office. Maybe get in contact with the other people in this thread, consolidate your info, make a summary, full of evidence and contact info, to provide to the appropriate district attorney.

How many more shills can this thread handle?

Sheesh, did like 25 people join the boards just to call out or support this crappy online comic speculation service?

Mods - please put this thread out of its misery...

tons of shills......we're not here to take part !! we're here to take over !!

I didn't write what I wrote to be a troll or anything. I wrote it cause it's all true and from what I am finding this company is not responding or replying to many people. All they had to do was say, these books are not selling, or we don't want to try selling them anymore,send them back to the artist. Instead they are giving me a round around.

As for calling the police or a lawyer, I'm not at that point yet. I don't have the first message they send be due to it being on Instagram, and phone updates and Instagram updates have since deleted it. But I have all the emails they sent me, I have the latest Instagram messages, I have screen shots of the webpage and I have the pic they posted on Instagram of my book they raffled off.

Want my books back but I also wrote this for two other reasons. One to tell people to watch what this company does. You could order books and it will be fine, but you have a good chance of them ripping you off. I also wrote this cause when I try to do a google search on this company, when searching reviews this forum was in the search. I think the more people that get screwed over the more will search the more will see how shady they are to their customers and even people they want to do business with.

MY UPDATE.

I gave them a week, wrote to them again on Instagam.Told them its been a week and not even a reply, to Im handing it over to my lawyers. 2 hours later, got a reply saying they havent found my books yet, as soon as they do they will send them. Week later got a message saying they were found and shipped. Got them all back yesterday. Im no officially done with them. Lesson learned.

Hello Eddie,

I also ordered approximately $440 worth of books from your site all the way back on 07/15/16 and I never received ANY follow up to the emails I sent you from your website AND the phone number (which when I call says "the Google voice subscriber can not take your call"?????

I also sent you messages through PayPal and still NO response. I was TOTALLY disappointed and had to file a claim to get all my money back.

I was REALLY looking forward to getting those comics!

I also ordered books on 7/15/16 books that were to be shipped around 8/10 and sent emails and left messages finally received an email on 8/24 stating they were behind on shipping because of demand and my order would ship soon. As of today I still have not received any word so I emailed again. This is a poor excuse for not shipping the books out and a business model that looks bleak.

I kinda wish I could contact Marvel & DC and tell them what kind of they are pulling on people so those companies will stop working with them. I hate seeing some cool variants you can only get thur them with their stupid logo on the cover. I really dislike how bad they treat not only customers but people in general.

I kinda wish I could contact Marvel & DC and tell them what kind of they are pulling on people so those companies will stop working with them. I hate seeing some cool variants you can only get thur them with their stupid logo on the cover. I really dislike how bad they treat not only customers but people in general.

Welcome to the Boards!

HI,

My name is Eddie! one of the owners of Comicxposure.

We are grateful for all the support we have gotten from everyone on the cgc board. up to June 10th we where operating as normal getting orders out. We have now tripled our business basically over night in the beginning of june and it caught us off guard with all the orders received. However since the 10th we hired more staff and trained to help get us up to date as of tomorrow we will be up to current orders and all pre orders placed before June 10th will be filled and done. We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding.

When attempting to contact us use the contact page on the site or the phone number.

Again thanks for your continued support and not to worry we aren't going anywhere.

Welcome to the Board. Hopefully your business will be improved quickly!

Edited by JollyComics

I placed an order over two month ago. I was told on November 22nd that it would be shipped out that day or on the following Monday. I never received a shipping notification, tracking number or a message stating it was shipped. I've been told multiple times it will be looked into but I really needed to get these books two weeks ago. It looks like nothing has changed.

I need to find out what these guys are doing?

My name is Eddie! one of the owners of Comicxposure.

We are grateful for all the support we have gotten from everyone on the cgc board. up to June 10th we where operating as normal getting orders out. We have now tripled our business basically over night in the beginning of june and it caught us off guard with all the orders received. However since the 10th we hired more staff and trained to help get us up to date as of tomorrow we will be up to current orders and all pre orders placed before June 10th will be filled and done. We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding.

When attempting to contact us use the contact page on the site or the phone number.

Again thanks for your continued support and not to worry we aren't going anywhere.

I heard about ComicXposure horrible treatments of buyers in the past but I wasn't sure. I ordered pre-order sets from them and decided I wanted to cancel the orders. I emailed them multiple times and had to open a paypal complaint after numerous non response They sent the comics anyways and then had the nerve to email me again to say that the comics were refunded and I owe them money!

When I mentioned that I don't see any paypal refund they stated that they sent a wrong email.

Reputation is everything in business. Think twice if you want to order from them and if you have a problem GOOD LUCK!

I wouldn't do business with them again if they were giving stuff away. They don't care if you have to wait six months for your stuff, they don't care if you get everything you ordered when it eventually does arrive, and they especially don't care enough to return a phone call or reply to an e-mail.

If you're unfortunate enough to have done business with them, get ready to file a PayPal complaint.

Hate to pile on, but ordered books back in early Nov (no preorders) and they've yet to arrive six weeks later. I tried to contact them (since they had no issue taking my money), but they won't respond to email and both phone numbers I could find go straight to voicemail, which they ignore also. Wish I had looked into them more before purchasing, getting my money back is an annoying hassle. I don't recommend them under any circumstances, their complete and utter lack of communication is ridiculous.

I ordered on Nov. 9th. Almost going on a month now and no response from them. If I would have seen this post earlier I would have just bought them on eBay and saved the headache.

****UPDATE****

I sent an e-mail to them on Dec. 27th about my order. I didn't get any response back but a week later I did get a shipping confirmation e-mail. The Books arrived packaged very well. I'm glad it worked out and I didn't have to resort to filing a Paypal dispute.

Did a Google search on ComicXposure to see if anyone else had issues with these guys.

Same issues for me I see others mentioning here. Placed a couple different orders while in the pre-order stage. Most have arrived now but each order had 1-5 comics missing when shipped to me. 2 orders took me emailing them 2-3 times about a month after the release date had arrived to remind them to send them to me. And if they are out of stock of a book by the time they ship it, they will attempt to only give a $5 off coupon and not give a refund after you email them a couple times(average was 2 emails per issue prior to them responding) to let them know they shorted you on a shipment.

Needless to say, I won't be ordering from them again.

I pre-ordered some books. They shipped without one and sent one that was damaged comic. I emailed them several times with no response. Finally, emailed them and threatened them with bad reviews and so on. They said they were sending me a replacement. They never showed up. Suffice to say, I as well, will never do business with them again.

Ordered an in-stock book on 3-20.  I have the conformation email.  Never received a follow up shipping email, so I called and left a couple of voicemail messages, no response.  Disputed the charge with my credit card today and they refunded me my money.