• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Sagii Tapes posted by sagii68
2 2

247 posts in this topic

REEL FIFTEEN : Foreign Editions (Vol.1 "Oooh, you dirty rat")

From my first post in this Journal I mention (among other things) that I love film noirs, and that James Cagney is one of my favorite stars from the era, and that i'm obsessed with J. Edgar Hoover's corrupt FBI reign. What a coup to land a 50's Australian edition of Headline Comics. This is their issue 5, featuring Mr. Cagney on the cover in full Gangster mode. Hoover is in the corner, watching (or is that surveillance? lol

My man from down under AJD, what'cha think?

Headline%20Comics%20Australian%20Ed.%205_zpsfyyftb6h.jpg

The book opens vertically

IMG_2575_zpsricgthon.jpg

My Cagney Gangster film Library

FullSizeRender%202_zpsdzpqbnc6.jpg

Hi Corey - great stuff. The Australian comic is cool - I really like those top opening/landscape format books. And that's a nice splash panel!

And while on the subject of old Australian comics - happy Rabbit Day* to you!

Shadow_120_zpsggc72xef.jpg

* Australians hate rabbits but don't let that spoil your day. lol

Hi Corey - great stuff. The Australian comic is cool - I really like those top opening/landscape format books. And that's a nice splash panel!

And while on the subject of old Australian comics - happy Rabbit Day* to you!

Shadow_120_zpsggc72xef.jpg

* Australians hate rabbits but don't let that spoil your day. lol

That is so bizarre it's freakin cool! I've flirted with the idea of one day starting a small Canadian Whites collection, but I'm liking the Australian editions more and more. I have a small (but growing)batch . Covers like that will keep me building. Thanks for posting it.

Didn't know that about Australians and Rabbits ?? ( "Run Bugs, run"!)

REEL SIXTEEN: October Fest 2016 (Pt.1)

As i'm sure some of you who read my Journal may not venture into the Gold Forum, so i'll post these here too. Horror themed covers in observance of Halloween. Pt 1, i feature GGA Horror covers.

Web%20of%20Mystery%2010_zpsk51ahksn.jpg

Crime%20Mysteries%207_zpsvp7vpppa.jpg

Crime%20Mysteries%203_zps50q6t3gv.jpg

All way too scary for me. here's an eBay 'very good' I lucked onto:

DD_26.jpg

Hey Drew! You know, those Duck Halloween covers ALL rock! Not a lemon in the bunch. (No...i can't start on another collecting path even if just as a subset :cry: )

REEL SIXTEEN: October Fest 2016 (pt.2)

A continuation of the books i have been been sharing in the Gold Halloween-esque Thread for those who don't venture there much. First the latest addition to my collection (thanks to super Boardie VaultKeeper) (thumbs u

Adventures%20Into%20the%20Unknown%2011_zps5qpk8i5h.jpg

Some Fox Features 'Funny Animal' Horror covers.

Jo-Jo%20Comics%204_zpsi9izuwhg.jpg

Ribtickler%203_zps0zluqjk0.jpg

REEL SEVENTEEN: Newly aquired GRAILS (vol.1)

Exciting Comics #39:

Ever since i sold off all my Nedors (except Fighting Yank #7) and what scant Timelys i had to build other focused runs, i have been trying to take a crack at rebuilding some sort of Schomburg sub set. So now i'm at two: This book has been on my want list for years, but whenever one came up it was either out of my wheel house(too high priced OR just couldn't afford a copy for other commitments or another book that would bring me closer to finishing other sub sets i was further ahead on was up for sale at the same time). True classic cover and war time propaganda goodie!

Off to CGC on Friday for slabbing. It's beat, but complete and she's mine :cloud9:

Exciting%20Comics%2039_zpsjqe21ihf.jpg

2 2