• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Marvel Titles in October

276 posts in this topic

Yea I've read very few relaunched titles I really like. I'm also not confident this is a great jumping on point either. It is a continuity nightmare considering Secret Wars hasn't even ended. I was also hopeful some of the minis (Renew Your Vows, Civil War, etc) would help establish something. For the most part, they were all sub par What Ifs published under an event title.

I could care less how Secret Wars ends and I might even put the last few issues back on the shelf when I get to my LCS if they are $4.99 like I figure they will be.

I also think that is a huge problem with the relaunch. Marvel should have kept prices down on issue ones. Instead they shipped them with high price tags.

I've voiced this already, but I'm done with Slott and for the first time in my life I'm tempted to drop ASM until he leaves.

All of this isn't to say I haven't enjoyed some stuff. I thought Guardians and the Iron Man title were decent. I'm just not sure how many I will actually add to my pull list.

At the end of the day, Marvel screwed up royally by not finishing Secret Wars. Hickman should be fired if he is too blame, and I believe he is from the suggestions I've read.

if you don't care how Secret Wars ends, then there's probably no hope for getting anything out of the relaunched titles.

I'll admit not having Secret Wars finish is kind of like having the 4 Supermen appearing before Superman gets killed by Doomsday

Variant fatigue. New number one fatigue. Sick of cash grabing fatigue. I look at those initial order numbers and wonder just how many of those books are sitting in back stock already.... My guess is over half. Nobody was even multiple copy speculating EXCEPT retailers. Make some room next to the last 2 or 3 piles of marvel back stock.

+1

At the end of the day, Marvel screwed up royally by not finishing Secret Wars. Hickman should be fired if he is too blame, and I believe he is from the suggestions I've read.

This is the big one. Secret Wars should have finished before releasing a single #1.

And sadly, Hickman's contract is already up. So he's gone regardless. He already stated he was leaving.

This is the big one. Secret Wars should have finished before releasing a single #1.

And sadly, Hickman's contract is already up. So he's gone regardless. He already stated he was leaving.

Is it sad? His creator owned stuff seems stronger anyway. He isn't great with continuity and he spends too much time world building. He shouldn't spend multiple arcs world building in an established universe like Marvel.

I'll admit I've never been much of a Hickman supporter though.

Anyone reading these Marvel books? Curious to know if there are any good ones.

I've read ASM 1 and 2. They were okay, but I'm not sold on the global Spidey thing. I also enjoyed Spider-Gwen despite not enjoying the previous run. I tried Extraordinary X-Men, but too little is happening for me to stay interested.

I've read ASM 1 and 2. They were okay, but I'm not sold on the global Spidey thing. I also enjoyed Spider-Gwen despite not enjoying the previous run. I tried Extraordinary X-Men, but too little is happening for me to stay interested.

So far out of the ANAD launch, I am enjoying All-New Wolverine, The New Avengers and Vision the most.

In particular, Vision by Tom King has me really interested. Launching point is in one of the preview books, Vision wipes all his memories and/or feelings. He is living in DC with a synthezoid family he created and acting as White House liaison for superhero stuff. But it seems mostly about his strange home life. Really good read!

Interested to see the Scarlet Witch book that comes out next week, as well.

How did I miss that Tom King was writing The Vision? D'oh. I'll have to read it. Thanks for the heads up.

You know, it snuck up on me as well. I am loving the Omega Men and Grayson right now and had no idea about Vision until last week.

So far out of the ANAD launch, I am enjoying All-New Wolverine, The New Avengers and Vision the most.

In particular, Vision by Tom King has me really interested. Launching point is in one of the preview books, Vision wipes all his memories and/or feelings. He is living in DC with a synthezoid family he created and acting as White House liaison for superhero stuff. But it seems mostly about his strange home life. Really good read!

I picked up The Vision after comicopolis did a brief thread on here linking to this story on io9.

I enjoyed it.

GoofySmile.gif

I picked up The Vision after comicopolis did a brief thread on here linking to this story on io9.

I enjoyed it.

GoofySmile.gif

Great link! Unsettling is definitely the mood of that issue 1. The narration, the neighbors... it's an amazing read.