• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JAWS coulda woulda shoulda been a great series

32 posts in this topic

That sucks...funny that on the 40th Anniversary of the movie, we're having one of the worst outbreaks of shark attacks here in NC in recent memory. There was even a TV interview with one of the officials on the coast where the reporter asked if they were going to close the beaches! :o

Because pretty much all TV comics sucked major , or more cleansing the national moral racial soul.

1980 Crazy, Cracked and Mad mags with Dukes of Hazzard now HOT HOT HOT.

To this day nothing has ever scared me like that movie.

I still dont go in the water much. I was 7 when I saw it and stuck with me the rest of my life.

BTW when I used to be a HS History teacher this was one of my bonus trivia questions in class.

What do the Atomic Bomb and the Movie Jaws have in common?

Quint, the USS Indianapolis and delivering the Atomic bomb?

The coolest thing about Jaws is that it's actually a Western with the shark as the gunslinger murdering innocent town's folk and Quint, Brody and Hooper are the mismatched posse sent to kill him/it.

There's an awesome, Jaws-inspired British comic called "Hook Jaw" that ran in a weekly comic called Action. Great, gonzo stuff! Concerned citizens tried to have the comic banned! They did succeed in getting the book censored, and that led to its early demise.

But Pat Mills and John Wagner would soon be on their way to creating 2000 A.D.

actionjaws15may76_zpsvp9a1pfd.jpg

Quint, the USS Indianapolis and delivering the Atomic bomb?

The coolest thing about Jaws is that it's actually a Western with the shark as the gunslinger murdering innocent town's folk and Quint, Brody and Hooper are the mismatched posse sent to kill him/it.

Correct I would usually get one or two students a year get it right.