• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

I got my two boxes from AWAX today.

One is mine, one is a friends. What a mistake that was!

Anyways, I picked one of the boxes.

I did it on perescope but i can't figure out how to link my perescope.

Guessing he hit a Golden ticket!??

i'll be pretty pissed off if he gets the golden ticket.

Will find out tomorrow.

Cool. Didn't know Awax was selling them. What'd your friend score, Jimbo?

Cool. Didn't know Awax was selling them. What'd your friend score, Jimbo?

We'll find out tomorrow.

but if he gets a better box then me I will be upset lol.

And Awax wasn't selling these. He is a great guy who always takes care of me!

There really looks to be no down side to these boxes especially if you get them for $80 unless the price for opened sets start to fall drastically. I love me a mystery box!

Open box sold for $54 on eBay yesterday (just one example)

and one sold for $90+(another example)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-FIVE-YEARS-2010-2015-SKYBOUND-5TH-ANNIVERSARY-BOX-SET-OPENED-SDCC-/311404958947?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48812e94e3

:baiting:

Pay $80, sell for $90

^^

What exactly is your problem with this product Ryan? This is no different than buying a case of Walking Dead trading cards, enjoying the Anticipation (which is super fun) of not knowing what you'll get in the product, and being able to then collect what you open.

You know what has grown NOT fun in comics?? Seeing the same people submit 50 copies of Lazarus, or Outcast (seriously, 1800 9.8 copies already??) or whatever the new "hot" comic is of the week.

Sure it's a gamble. That's the fun thing about it. I personally wanted a b&w set, but was 100% against buying a set on ebay. Why?? Because that's no fun.

"Artificial collectible" ??? Seriously?? 99.99% of all new modern comics are defined as this. I thought the WD#1, and Invisible #1 b&w editions looked cool enough for me to get.

Oh, and for those thinking ebay sellers will weigh, or w/e I bought this box of the bay, and hit this:

a8d0a84e-1f56-4918-b326-485dae12d170.jpg

Seriously don't understand some of the hatred on these boards lately, and not just in the modern section. People wonder why I haven't been active for mo's, but it's for these reasons.

Oh, and I support "mystery boxes" type sales if they come from legit sellers. Wonder why the "loot" craze is so popular??? It's the same concept. Don't mean to rant at you specifically Ryan, just addressing the issue as a whole though.

If you don't mean to rant at me specifically then don't, :censored:

You don't get to :flamed: and then punk out at the end by saying "oh, I didn't mean it."

Unlike you I didn't hate on anyone specifically. I'm just calling a spade a spade in this case. I have an opinion like everyone else up here. All collectibles in our realm are "manufactured." Just some more so than others.

Thanks brother for the love (thumbs u

PS: how many copies of the "hot" comic Rachel Rising #1 are you sitting on :popcorn:

Another note:

It's obvious that people are buying these for the lotto tickets and if they don't hit they are dumping them on the bay (oh, i opened this to make sure they were NM and they ALL check out :D )

Go buy some scratch offs

There really looks to be no down side to these boxes especially if you get them for $80 unless the price for opened sets start to fall drastically. I love me a mystery box!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-FIVE-YEARS-2010-2015-SKYBOUND-5TH-ANNIVERSARY-BOX-SET-OPENED-SDCC-/311404958947?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48812e94e3

Pay $80, sell for $90

^^

What exactly is your problem with this product Ryan? This is no different than buying a case of Walking Dead trading cards, enjoying the Anticipation (which is super fun) of not knowing what you'll get in the product, and being able to then collect what you open.

You know what has grown NOT fun in comics?? Seeing the same people submit 50 copies of Lazarus, or Outcast (seriously, 1800 9.8 copies already??) or whatever the new "hot" comic is of the week.

Sure it's a gamble. That's the fun thing about it. I personally wanted a b&w set, but was 100% against buying a set on ebay. Why?? Because that's no fun.

"Artificial collectible" ??? Seriously?? 99.99% of all new modern comics are defined as this. I thought the WD#1, and Invisible #1 b&w editions looked cool enough for me to get.

Oh, and for those thinking ebay sellers will weigh, or w/e I bought this box of the bay, and hit this:

Seriously don't understand some of the hatred on these boards lately, and not just in the modern section. People wonder why I haven't been active for mo's, but it's for these reasons.

Oh, and I support "mystery boxes" type sales if they come from legit sellers. Wonder why the "loot" craze is so popular??? It's the same concept. Don't mean to rant at you specifically Ryan, just addressing the issue as a whole though.

You don't get to :flamed: and then punk out at the end by saying "oh, I didn't mean it."

Unlike you I didn't hate on anyone specifically. I'm just calling a spade a spade in this case. I have an opinion like everyone else up here. All collectibles in our realm are "manufactured." Just some more so than others.

PS: how many copies of the "hot" comic Rachel Rising #1 are you sitting on :popcorn:

Does that mean you don't want the 3 boxes you asked me to buy for you?

Pay $80, sell for $90

^^

From one Ryan to another, I feel the vibe you are putting out . Oh, and I am in total agreement with you as well (thumbs u

Pay $80, sell for $90

^^

Buy for $80 (hopefully without any additional acquisition costs), sell for $90 minus fees. :eek:

No, 80% of new comics are defined as not-as-cheap-or-low-production-quality-as-they-used-to-be entertainment. Then you have the variants, rebooted #1s, "special editions" and such. It's obvious where these box sets fall on the scale.

This thread has been quite entertaining, though. :popcorn: