• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

Got two boxes from Skybound today.....

$24 paid in shipping....

both in a $12 flat rate box...a really small flat rate box....with no additional insurance (I checked)

that looked like this when it got here.......

skybox_zps7gmbv964.jpg

Not super happy.

I don't understand why they charge by weight/distance if they are using USPS Priority Flat Rate boxes! I've been wanting to buy the Gold Compendium Vol. 2 for the longest time now, but the shipping rates to NYC are as follows:

USPS Standard Post at $ 26.38

USPS Priority Mail 2-Day at $ 33.66

$24 paid in shipping....

both in a $12 flat rate box...a really small flat rate box....with no additional insurance (I checked)

skybox_zps7gmbv964.jpg

Not super happy.

I don't understand why they charge by weight/distance if they are using USPS Priority Flat Rate boxes! I've been wanting to buy the Gold Compendium Vol. 2 for the longest time now, but the shipping rates to NYC are as follows:

Or, if you are going to charge by weight, use an appropriately sized box and ship by weight.

Use some of that cash I paid and protect my purchase. At least insure it for what I paid.

$24 paid in shipping....

skybox_zps7gmbv964.jpg

Not super happy.

There's an obvious answer to your question (what I highlighted in bold above)... :P

$24 paid in shipping....

skybox_zps7gmbv964.jpg

Not super happy.

There's an obvious answer to your question (what I highlighted in bold above)... :P

Yeah... :ohnoez:

$24 paid in shipping....

skybox_zps7gmbv964.jpg

Not super happy.

Yeah... :ohnoez:

All these haters... My box showed up looking just like that, but because there is bubble wrap there was not a single speck of damage. The shipping cost includes both shipping AND HANDLING! That $10 of bubble wrap and love and care people! :banana:

for anyone that missed out, this guy has bought a TON of the box sets. His price is within $10 of what it cost me to get them from Skybound.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-FIVE-YEARS-2010-2015-SKYBOUND-5TH-ANNIVERSARY-BOX-SET-SEALED-SDCC-/311409404810?hash=item4881726b8a

...and it looks like they still have 59 in stock! :ohnoez::o