• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

Could be a surprise 10 regs and 10 B/W's. That would be cool.

BUT they're not 1st prints (shrug)

what's it matter, neither is EoW RRP or Saga RRP.....con variants have a waiver for this type of thing.

I'm just stating that those are definitely NOT 10 regs and 10 b/w... since they stated that it's 1st prints

I would love a CGC SS 9.8 of any SDCC 2015 b/w, if that were the case.....

krighton...it has been fun, and funny, watching you try and gauge the print runs and b/w ratios. I seemed to have been following you around the threads trying to get the info. You were relentless. Good. At last we got a rough idea of print run, so good work.

At $80 a pop I wonder if I will buy more from the Skybound site should I get lucky enough to notice them go on sale (assuming they do). I could see buying a few,but not 10 or 20 like some others are talking!

And there are two golden tickets for each of the 10 titles, correct?

20 tickets 20 different comics...I have enough money left after SDCC to maybe buy 2 from Skybound.com if they go on sale. I'd like to decrease the overall $$$ I've paid for the 2 I'm getting by getting 2 for retail.

They're flying off the shelf over at Skybound. Here's the link...

Link

Yup, I got burned.

Could be a surprise 10 regs and 10 B/W's. That would be cool.

BUT they're not 1st prints (shrug)

what's it matter, neither is EoW RRP or Saga RRP.....con variants have a waiver for this type of thing.

I'm just stating that those are definitely NOT 10 regs and 10 b/w... since they stated that it's 1st prints

I would love a CGC SS 9.8 of any SDCC 2015 b/w, if that were the case.....

ah, yeah true.

krighton...it has been fun, and funny, watching you try and gauge the print runs and b/w ratios. I seemed to have been following you around the threads trying to get the info. You were relentless. Good. At last we got a rough idea of print run, so good work.

At $80 a pop I wonder if I will buy more from the Skybound site should I get lucky enough to notice them go on sale (assuming they do). I could see buying a few,but not 10 or 20 like some others are talking!

20 tickets 20 different comics...I have enough money left after SDCC to maybe buy 2 from Skybound.com if they go on sale. I'd like to decrease the overall $$$ I've paid for the 2 I'm getting by getting 2 for retail.

Link

:roflmao:

btw, why doesn't it say who signed the label on the CGC label....it's a CGC/SS label yet doesn't signify the signer.

Good question, also how is it a SS without the signature actually on the books that are graded as such? Not complaining, because they are really cool and awesome of Skybound to do just doesn't make much sense to me.

Link

There is a special place in hell just waiting for you.

btw, why doesn't it say who signed the label on the CGC label....it's a CGC/SS label yet doesn't signify the signer.

Good question, also how is it a SS without the signature actually on the books that are graded as such? Not complaining, because they are really cool and awesome of Skybound to do just doesn't make much sense to me.

I started a thread about this in the SS section and had no replies so I deleted it. There's no signature on the book so why it falls under the SS program is beyond me.

Also, that link was fun. lol

20 tickets for CGC 9.8 first prints of the titles in the box. Hmmm, I just assumed that meant 2 for each of the ten titles, but I guess it could be any configuration as long as there is at least one 9.8 for of each of the titles represented in the box.

So it could be 1 9.8 for each of nine of the titles, and 11 9.8s of...let's say CLONE then? hm

It is 20 first prints. They're including all of the other variants that go alongside those 1st prints (i.e. Manifest Destiny NYCC, ToT ComicsPro, etc...) it should total 20 between all of them. There is only 1 WD, 1 Invincible, etc...

20 tickets for CGC 9.8 first prints of the titles in the box. Hmmm, I just assumed that meant 2 for each of the ten titles, but I guess it could be any configuration as long as there is at least one 9.8 for of each of the titles represented in the box.

So it could be 1 9.8 for each of nine of the titles, and 11 9.8s of...let's say CLONE then? hm

It is 20 first prints. They're including all of the other variants that go alongside those 1st prints (i.e. Manifest Destiny NYCC, ToT ComicsPro, etc...) it should total 20 between all of them. There is only 1 WD, 1 Invincible, etc...

True. You can see in the pic that some of the slabs are variants.

Hey everyone,

Just got back from working one straight week for Skybound and the SDCC booth.

It was a madhouse pretty much from the start.

Crossbows were a hit...

Negan bats were selling briskly...

Jewelry is pretty much gone (big props to Han Cholo for awesome work)

Outcast cast stopped by the booth to check out the goodies and pick up some cool merch!

Variants: WD 144 was flying off the table and I'm guessing a handful left. Outcast books sold well and the photo variant was selling really quickly.

Skybound 5th anniversary party on the top of Petco Park...amazing!

On to the boxed sets...

I know 5 CGC books were redeemed at the show. How do I know? I handed them out to each winner. While I dont think it's fair to say each and every one that was redeemed lets just say I know a major league home run of a book is still waiting to be redeemed ;)

JJ

Hey everyone,

Just got back from working one straight week for Skybound and the SDCC booth.

It was a madhouse pretty much from the start.

Crossbows were a hit...

Negan bats were selling briskly...

Jewelry is pretty much gone (big props to Han Cholo for awesome work)

Outcast cast stopped by the booth to check out the goodies and pick up some cool merch!

Variants: WD 144 was flying off the table and I'm guessing a handful left. Outcast books sold well and the photo variant was selling really quickly.

Skybound 5th anniversary party on the top of Petco Park...amazing!

On to the boxed sets...

I know 5 were redeemed at the show. How do I know? I handed them out to each winner. While I dont think it's fair to say each and every one that was redeemed lets just say I know a major league home run of a book is still waiting to be redeemed ;)

JJ

Do you know if they sold all of the boxes at the con... Or are there some left?