• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

DT & BB are probably the only 2 dealers I'd trust to not weigh or re shrinkwrap their boxes.

You can't say "dealers" on the same page as others are posting about Awax. We don't want him to go to the dark place. You remember Boston, right Awax? :eek:

Screw it, I was debating if I'd fly out for NYCC this year. But if Awax is going, I'm in!

Preparing statements...

Dear father, please forgive me for I have sinned...

I'm sorry my dear wife, yet I am not joking. I do indeed need bail money.

We'd all need bail money if he went. The whole convention.

DT & BB are probably the only 2 dealers I'd trust to not weigh or re shrinkwrap their boxes.

You can't say "dealers" on the same page as others are posting about Awax. We don't want him to go to the dark place. You remember Boston, right Awax? :eek:

Screw it, I was debating if I'd fly out for NYCC this year. But if Awax is going, I'm in!

Preparing statements...

Dear father, please forgive me for I have sinned...

I'm sorry my dear wife, yet I am not joking. I do indeed need bail money.

We'd all need bail money if he went. The whole convention.

There would be long lines at the convention.........

hm there would be long lines in the hotel room.

krighton...it has been fun, and funny, watching you try and gauge the print runs and b/w ratios. I seemed to have been following you around the threads trying to get the info. You were relentless. Good. At last we got a rough idea of print run, so good work.

At $80 a pop I wonder if I will buy more from the Skybound site should I get lucky enough to notice them go on sale (assuming they do). I could see buying a few,but not 10 or 20 like some others are talking!

And there are two golden tickets for each of the 10 titles, correct?

20 tickets 20 different comics...I have enough money left after SDCC to maybe buy 2 from Skybound.com if they go on sale. I'd like to decrease the overall $$$ I've paid for the 2 I'm getting by getting 2 for retail.

krighton...it has been fun, and funny, watching you try and gauge the print runs and b/w ratios. I seemed to have been following you around the threads trying to get the info. You were relentless. Good. At last we got a rough idea of print run, so good work.

At $80 a pop I wonder if I will buy more from the Skybound site should I get lucky enough to notice them go on sale (assuming they do). I could see buying a few,but not 10 or 20 like some others are talking!

20 tickets 20 different comics...I have enough money left after SDCC to maybe buy 2 from Skybound.com if they go on sale. I'd like to decrease the overall $$$ I've paid for the 2 I'm getting by getting 2 for retail.

I don't know about 20 different comics..... on the sky bound websites it states :

"In celebration of Skybound’s 5th Anniversary, we’re releasing a very special box set at SDCC. This limited edition box set includes 10 Skybound #1 issues, each featuring a special 5th Anniversary cover treatment. "

So that's only 10 #1's issues comics, for 20 golden tickets.

10 #1's

I don't know about 20 different comics..... on the sky bound websites it states :

"In celebration of Skybound’s 5th Anniversary, we’re releasing a very special box set at SDCC. This limited edition box set includes 10 Skybound #1 issues, each featuring a special 5th Anniversary cover treatment. "

So that's only 10 #1's issues comics, for 20 golden tickets.

10 #1's

"20 of the boxes will have randomly inserted redemption cards for a chance at CGC graded 9.8 first prints of these titles, with the label signed by Robert Kirkman. Including a Walking Dead #1!!!"

pretty sure the 20 tickets are not just for the titles in the box....from what I've heard....since i'll never see a ticket not sure it matters....only reason I think it's other titles is because I saw a picture somewhere of the cgc comics laid out, but I can't remember where I saw it.

20 tickets for CGC 9.8 first prints of the titles in the box. Hmmm, I just assumed that meant 2 for each of the ten titles, but I guess it could be any configuration as long as there is at least one 9.8 for of each of the titles represented in the box.

So it could be 1 9.8 for each of nine of the titles, and 11 9.8s of...let's say CLONE then? hm

pretty sure the 20 tickets are not just for the titles in the box....from what I've heard....since i'll never see a ticket not sure it matters....only reason I think it's other titles is because I saw a picture somewhere of the cgc comics laid out, but I can't remember where I saw it.

But they stated :

"CGC graded 9.8 first prints of these titles"

20 tickets for CGC 9.8 first prints of the titles in the box. Hmmm, I just assumed that meant 2 for each of the ten titles, but I guess it could be any configuration as long as there is at least one 9.8 for of each of the titles represented in the box.

So it could be 1 9.8 for each of nine of the titles, and 11 9.8s of...let's say CLONE then? hm

you maybe on to something..... hm

Could be a surprise 10 regs and 10 B/W's. That would be cool.

BUT they're not 1st prints (shrug)

what's it matter, neither is EoW RRP or Saga RRP.....con variants have a waiver for this type of thing.

They're flying off the shelf over at Skybound. Here's the link...

Link