• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What book(s) could be the next More Fun 73?

57 posts in this topic

Police Comics #1

No movie hype at this time, but all of my kids know who Plastic man is, and the book has been htf, at least in my experience!

True, and I'd add the first issue of PM (Vital, NN) with Jack Cole cover and stories. Hard to ignore Cole's take on the character if the film has any chance of success.

Also, I'd add MM #13 to the list of upwardly mobile possibilities. hm

With the Vision's appearance in the recent Avengers movie and popularity of Joe Simon & Jack Kirby's creative genius, the GA introduction of the character has strong potential for increased interest. My 2c

a9c979f1-b019-435a-bfb7-817b1fdddf8c_zpsfe83945f.jpg

I remember when you bought that beauty in a CConnect auction! I thought it sold too cheap at the time (and not just because of the Vision).

I say G.A.tor # 1 or DavidMerryweather # 1 One of them have to go up in value. :o

Totally agree. They are each practically worthless now so no place to go but up.

I say G.A.tor # 1 or DavidMerryweather # 1 One of them have to go up in value. :o

Totally agree. They are each practically worthless now so no place to go but up.

:grin:

:acclaim:

Police Comics #1

No movie hype at this time, but all of my kids know who Plastic man is, and the book has been htf, at least in my experience!

True, and I'd add the first issue of PM (Vital, NN) with Jack Cole cover and stories. Hard to ignore Cole's take on the character if the film has any chance of success.

The biggest problem with Plastic Man is that he doesn't really have much exposure today as I believe he doesn't have a comic book series at this point in time or even one in the recent past.

In addition, with DC's darkening take when it comes to their super heroes on the silver screen, I believe Plastic man would have a better chance of success if it was a Marvel property as opposed to a DC property.

Police Comics #1

The biggest problem with Plastic Man is that he doesn't really have much exposure today as I believe he doesn't have a comic book series at this point in time or even one in the recent past.

In addition, with DC's darkening take when it comes to their super heroes on the silver screen, I believe Plastic man would have a better chance of success if it was a Marvel property as opposed to a DC property.

And they already have Mr. Fantastic...

Unfortunately for me, I never really wanted to spend more than around a thousand or two at the max on a book, and any I found at that price were just not quite in nice enough shape.

I guess it was my loss for being too nit picky at the time. :cry:

There are SO many books I could say that about!

I would have built a run of pre-Robin Tecs 15 years ago if I'd been willing to accept low-grade or even mid-grade copies, but I never saw any high-grade copies w/o resto. Now I can't even afford the low-grade copies that occasionally come along! :cry:

Man, this hobby got really expensive in the last 15 years hasnt it :(

Both of those number ones are over-inflated. hm

Alas, this variant was trending hot several weeks ago, but it fell off the radar... (shrug)

caaf6eda-fc21-4ada-a475-2b438463ec03_zps4blmprue.jpg

a51e9d81-7bf5-4db2-ab59-d54b638cb255_zpsbc7gvkse.jpg

Both of those number ones were inflated, but they'll surge again. hm

Alas, this variant was trending hot several weeks ago, but it fell off the radar... (shrug)

THATS A REPRINT :screwy:

Both of those number ones are over-inflated. but they'll surge again. hm

And this variant was trending hot several weeks ago, but suddenly fell off the radar... (shrug)

THATS A REPRINT :screwy:

It's just a cover swipe that presents well. ;)

Not sure about one particular issue, but I feel that the World's Finest run could all be due for a big increase with the upcoming Supes vs batman movie scheduled for release next year. Especially considering that this has been pretty much a dead weight and a complete dud of a run for the past few decades.

Maybe something like issue #71 with the first actual team-up or some of the early 100 pagers with the cardboard covers. Can't beat those early comics with the cardboard covers since they just feel so different from any other comic books. Maybe something like issue #9 with the Hitler, Mussolini, and Tojo cover which has not been on many of the Hitler collectors want lists so far. hm

Only drawback is that it might be tough to overcome all of the cornball covers on the World's Finest run. :P

Not sure about one particular issue, but I feel that the World's Finest run could all be due for a big increase with the upcoming Supes vs batman movie scheduled for release next year. Especially considering that this has been pretty much a dead weight and a complete dud of a run for the past few decades.

Maybe something like issue #71 with the first actual team-up or some of the early 100 pagers with the cardboard covers. Can't beat those early comics with the cardboard covers since they just feel so different from any other comic books. Maybe something like issue #9 with the Hitler, Mussolini, and Tojo cover which has not been on many of the Hitler collectors want lists so far. hm

Only drawback is that it might be tough to overcome all of the cornball covers on the World's Finest run. :P

#71 might see a small spike, as for the rest of the run, nope.

Didn't we say that about all of the Wonder Woman books when they were deader than a door nail a few years ago. hm

Didn't we say that about all of the Wonder Woman books when they were deader than a door nail a few years ago. hm

I've actually had some increased interest in various issues up and down the run. Sold a #5 this past weekend that I had had in inventory for a couple of years. Didn't even have to discount it. I doubt World's Finest will go through any incredible price spike or anything, but I do think they will start selling at a respectable pace compared to the last decade or so.

Other than the usually goofy covers on most of the earlier ones, I can't understand why they aren't a lot more popular. I mean, they feature the big DC two in one book and usually some S&K Boy Commandos and maybe a little more. There are a few early ones that are actually pretty cool.

I keep waiting for some of these DC "slow" titles to drop in price (WF, More Fun. Adventure) but they seem to hold their own.

Police Comics #1

There is a really good un produced -script for a Plastic Man movie that has been floating around for years, depending on who owns the rights to the character that could be a good long shot bet.

It's no big secret I'm a fan of this book, I was surprised with the January sale on Ebay

$4600 for a 2.5

That's a pretty big jump, and I still find this book impossible to find. Wondering if the price jump has more to do with supply than hype? I also have no idea what Overstreet says on this book as I have not opened an Overstreet in years doh!