• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 10 GA Motorcycle Covers
5 5

179 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Robot Man said:

That and the Famous Funnies were at the Long Beach con. I know who bought them and put them on the bay. Better look at them real close to make sure they are complete... Hope so. I almost bought it at the con but the chew kind of bothered me so I let it go. Cool book!

Hi Robot Man.  Yeah, that chew pattern - it's better than a fingerprint!  

Thanks for the headsup. Page counts check out, the FF does have two Jane Arden non-disclosed paper doll cut outs but I'm ok with what I got.

Curious one can profit from on a flip between Con to eBay?  Perhaps I need to start attending more. 

3 hours ago, path4play said:

Hi Robot Man.  Yeah, that chew pattern - it's better than a fingerprint!  

Thanks for the headsup. Page counts check out, the FF does have two Jane Arden non-disclosed paper doll cut outs but I'm ok with what I got.

Curious one can profit from on a flip between Con to eBay?  Perhaps I need to start attending more. 

The Famous Funnies you got came from Ed Robertson who was having a half or less GA sale. The 3 Fawcett lot this seller has on the bay also came half sticker from Ed. Those are Ed's stickers on the bags. Contrary to what the seller says, these are not "original owner" books. He says that with most everything. Ed's stuff wasn't outstanding stuff but at half price, a lot of cool books and ones you could make money from if you wanted. I pretty much cleaned him out of pre-code horror, and other misc stuff before this seller got there. 

The National came from a small seller with maybe half a dozen GA books. I got the #9 I posted in the Quality thread last week. Also got that weird Diary Secrets #10 from him. They were priced lower than guide and since he wasn't doing well, he discounted them well. I always look for "that guy" stuck in the back with a few nice books and having a lousy show. 

It's possible to box dig and find hidden gems if you are willing to work for them. Not many buyers attended this show as bad weekend and few dealers. I got in early and dug deep.

On 8/10/2017 at 9:54 AM, EC ed said:

Here's a recent pickup...now the earliest motorcycle cover I own (barely edging out Detective Comics #16 by a couple months).

Actually, now that I think about it, I can't think of any motorcycle cover that pre-dates this one...is this the first ever comic-cover appearance of a motorcycle? hm

starcomics10_f.jpg

Might well be.  I thought maybe one of the early issues of Famous Funnies (or Dell's The Funnies) had a motorcycle cover, but I was misremembering because I just checked and there isn't one in either series.