• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charlton Comics Group Appreciation and Information Thread
7 7

444 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2015 at 10:04 PM, Wall-Crawler said:

1st Peacemaker

The%20Fighting%20Five_zpshtcsrcsx.jpg

On 7/23/2015 at 9:04 PM, CrocHntr said:

I'm on the lookout for one of those. 1st appearance Peacemaker is bound to get hot any day now lol

Nice book.

On 7/24/2015 at 8:51 AM, Wall-Crawler said:

Thanks and as for movie...You never know! :wishluck:

On 7/24/2015 at 12:03 PM, CrocHntr said:

I wouldn't be surprised in the least that Peacemaker could pop up with an appearance in some movie. I always thought the Peacemaker was a pretty cool vigilante type character with some potential. Not very prominent in the DC universe, but has had some story arcs and even weak ties to Suicide Squad (Amanda Waller). So a great book to own, especially in the movie speculation age.

I remember posting this in jest at the time, so pretty shocked this has come to be.  (I did pick up a Fightin 5 40 BTW).  Peacemaker now in Suicide Squad 2 and HBOMAX series.  Amazing what a little movie speculation can do to short term value of a book 😜

Anyone ever try to collect all the Blue Bird shoes giveaways?  Charlton books (reprints) with a new (?) cover that were given away in a handful of shoe stores?  The cover art for most of these is cropped to fit in a store name across the top bar and are a bit underwhelming IMO.  The cover to Mysteries of Unexplored Worlds 18, however, is a really cool looking cover and better than the original.

484DEC13-2126-4C89-94C7-C1889F2D3A35.jpeg

Edited by CrocHntr

Very cool.  Not sure I would have noticed the position of the horse.  Subtle change, but I’m sure it took some effort to do.  I’d love to learn more of your research if you decide to start a thread at some point.  Not sure you’ll find a ton of interest, but at least there’s two.  Haha!

On 8/21/2022 at 8:13 PM, CrocHntr said:

Very cool.  Not sure I would have noticed the position of the horse.  Subtle change, but I’m sure it took some effort to do.  I’d love to learn more of your research if you decide to start a thread at some point.  Not sure you’ll find a ton of interest, but at least there’s two.  Haha!

That's one more than my Charlton threads and posts usually attract, Croc :bigsmile:

I'll tag you if I ever get around to it - keep that Charlton flag flying in the meantime.....

On 8/23/2022 at 6:07 PM, Phicks said:

Big B Comics in Hamilton, Ontario has original paintings for several Charleston romance comics framed on its walls.

charlston-twenties.gif.f424789fc562d49067765289ace529f5.gif