• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM Annual #1 Canadian Edition Club & Discussion Thread

73 posts in this topic

Split-RunPeriodicals_zpsfb6226be.jpg

I don't know if this explains it 100% or not but clearly something happened starting in 1965 to cause Canadian sold annuals to be printed with blank covers.  BUT...

1.  Why did "blank covers" seemly stop all of a sudden?  

2.  Are there any Marvel annuals issued during this time period that have not yet been found with blank covers?

3.  Why did the "blank cover" syndrome not stretch to the monthly issued Marvel books or any of the DC annuals or books during this period?

On 1/3/2017 at 11:03 PM, Spyder! said:

Wow, very nice looking copy! Welcome to the club. Thinking of sending this in to CGC?

Sorry for the late response by the way.

Thanks! Nah, I'm just going to keep it raw for now. Sorry for the really, really late response..just saw this.

15 hours ago, Wybone said:

Oh boy, guess I'm coming in a little late here, just a few years... but I have a copy of the Spectacular Spider-Man Magazine #1 from 1968 that has the .40 price on the cover. It is the Canadian Newsstand Edition, and only 4 have appeared on the census, the highest being a 9.0. Any thoughts on this? Pre-dates all of this price-variant data found so far. 
Thanks ahead. I will post pics if anyone is interested. Apparently no one really knows it exists.

Post a pic!  I want to see it!

13 hours ago, Wybone said:

Corners aren't the sharpest and that staple is visible from outer space, but still....

SSM1.jpg

I have this version as well.  I see that another version is dual priced (USA and Canada).  Is there a third version with just 35 cents as the price?

The only version of #2 that I've seen is dual priced.  Do they exist as separate 35c and 40c versions?

23 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

I have this version as well.  I see that another version is dual priced (USA and Canada).  Is there a third version with just 35 cents as the price?

The only version of #2 that I've seen is dual priced.  Do they exist as separate 35c and 40c versions?

Not according to CGC. Both are dual priced, only issue 1 with the .40 price has surfaced / exists.

On 6/17/2018 at 1:25 PM, Spyder! said:

So these would fall under price variants but they do not have the blank back and inside covers correct?

My 40c #1 has ads on both inside covers and the back cover.

#2 has an ad for the next issue with the story entitled "The Mystery of the TV Terror!".  Was that story ever printed anywhere?  It certainly wasn't printed in this giant format.