• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Listing going up for Amazing spiderman #90 PGA 9.6 this weekend.

57 posts in this topic

I'm going to list my PGA graded ASM #90 in 9.6 some time tomorrow. I have the listing all ready to go.

I was told that it sells for around $800 in CGC 9.6.

There are currently 10 CGC 9.6 copies, and to the best of my knowledge, this is the only 9.6 PGA copy with none graded higher.

Sorry Steve, I see it done all the time and just assumed that you allow the boards to live free. Could you start a West Coast satellite office for grading so I don't have to send books all the way across the country?

That would solve both of our issues.

Sorry Steve, I see it done all the time and just assumed that you allow the boards to live free. Could you start a West Coast satellite office for grading so I don't have to send books all the way across the country?

That would solve both of our issues.

No problem. We allow the boards to "talk" about almost anything, but the market place is different, I don't want it to be a place for people to get ripped off.

Also,we would never allow Hammer/Meth/Dupcek/Comic-Keys to sell here either

This is not directed at you, it is for EVERYONE:

ONLY CERTIFIED COMICS AND RAW COMICS ARE TO BE SOLD AND/OR PROMOTED IN THE CGC MARKET PLACE.

Comicdey: Sorry you don't want to ship to us, but we do plenty of submission taking and on-site grading at cons. Shipping should really have nothing to do with it, I would rather drive to an hour, spend the money on gas and tolls to Tampa so I can eat at Bern's Steak House than walk one block to eat for free at the nearest garbage pail. blush.gifpoke2.gif27_laughing.gifflowerred.gif

Steve,

I didn't say that I wouldn't send comics to you in Florida. I just haven't yet. I am setting aside some of my nicest issues for your perusal. I need to sell this ASM to have the money to send you my other issues poke2.gif

As far as on site grading at Cons (Lower 48), I'd love to even get to the cons, but this is not my day job. I'm hoping to make San Diego this year. I was last there in 1990 or 1991. I've made a few Cons in Seattle over the years, and a few within the other states, but it's always been random luck in travel timing.

Steve.....garbage pail eating is not my style.....you didn't need to go there.....but protecting your own enterprising business is very understandable. hail.gif

I was very against the whole process of slabbing originally, but after seeing the industry acceptance, It's a battle not worth fighting. I appreciate what you've done with the boards and I will comply with the rules.

I must have missed something, but what is he not allowed to sell here?

He can't advertise books slabbed by that "other company" gossip.gif.

Okay, thats what I thought. I also understand it as well, seeing as how this is CGC's site. Kinda thought the "get ripped off" comment was off base though. Not very professional. Of course, judging by how "The Other Guys" run their place, some might say it fits.

Soggy fries...........

How about a soggy fry that looks like Abe Lincoln?

Or one that can get our Catholic firends intersted, like the Virgin Mary

That was a cheese sandwich makepoint.gif27_laughing.gif

CGC doesn't slab soggy fries, cheese sandwiches, or any other food product, and neither does the other company...to my knowledge. All this talk is making me hungry.

Steve, can't we all just get along. flowerred.gif

news.gif Highest graded soggy fry sells for 1 large value meal.

CGC provides advertisement in national magazine showing how soggy fries increase in value slabbed as high grade. angel.gif

He can't advertise books slabbed by that "other company" gossip.gif.

Just don't put it in the headrer. gossip.gif

It's embarrassing for gosh darn sake! blush.gif

Actually this new rule is good to know, and certainly understandable. As I have used CGG/PGA (but never the PGX variant) before I still have maybe 6-8 of their graded books left to liquidate. I usually slip a couple in whenever I sell 5-10 CGC graded books on Ebay so that they can get a little bit of exposure from buyers seeing whatever else I have to sell. But I'll keep it hush on here as well as I sell off my few remaining issues graded by the "other guys". Although I respect little guys making an attempt to get established in this business, I think I'm better off now sticking with the big boys that have the clout, respect and brand to get the job done best for me. -----Sid