• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Listing going up for Amazing spiderman #90 PGA 9.6 this weekend.

57 posts in this topic

Well, as far as I'm concerned since my posting of the ASM 90 in PGA 9.6 started all this. I will personally guarantee that the book is from my original collection and was not restored. If someone from the boards decides to pull the trigger and then send it off to GCG, I'll refund the money if it comes back restored. (Which it won't so don't get too excited). I can't and won't guarantee what CGC will grade it, but I know it is at least a 9.6 in my book. cool.gif

For that matter, the offer stands for whoever buys the book. That's the way I expect to be treated.

I hate to see any dishonesty in collecting. All restoration should be disclosed and it always ticks me off when I get a book that has not been described accurately. frustrated.gif

I am not familiar with the TDcomix/christina's collectibles thing with PGX/CGG/PGA, some1 wanna fill me in?

Loooong story. Maybe someone here would be willing to take the time to fill you in, or you could do a search. Try different spellings though for Terence Leder and TDcomics (tdcomicscards, tdcomics&cards, etc.) Very interesting story although much is based off of assumption, but some very compelling evidence.

On a different note, book didn't meet reserve so I just listed it without a reserve.

I guarantee it's not restored.

The ASM 90 in my auction is in no way related to TD comics/Christinas Collectibles or PGX-it.

I'm just a collector who obviously sent it to the wrong company as it won't reach the true value of a 9.6 based upon it's slab.

foreheadslap.gif

It's a beautiful copy. thumbsup2.gif

Last posting to close this one out.

ASM 90 PGA 9.6 sold for $650

Less than ($800 value for CGC) but still happy with the return.

And THIS is the main reason I no longer submit to PGX. That and their too tough grading on Modern high grades.

Just to be fair, a ASM #33 CGC 9.6 ow/w ended $400 short of FMV..it ended at about $760 and previous copies sold for about $1100...should that seller now say, I won't submit to CGC anymore? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just to be fair, a ASM #33 CGC 9.6 ow/w ended $400 short of FMV..it ended at about $760 and previous copies sold for about $1100...should that seller now say, I won't submit to CGC anymore? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I know there are exceptions and I realize that depending on who is out there bidding at the time can greatly affect the outcome of the final price. But for me personally, since I sell fairly common Bronze and early Modern books, usually there is a pretty steady demand for them and final values are usually pretty close to what is expected. Take a GSX #1 for example. I don't remember the final figures now but I've sold maybe 8-10 of them over the last year, half CGG/PGA graded and half CGC graded. With those books the CGC slabs definitely sold for more than PGAs with equal grades. I've found this to be true for my sales pretty much across the board. With books that are more rare, maybe the gap in price is closer.

However, I don't blame PGX for this. They provide a pretty decent and reasonably priced service in my opinion. But as a seller, market perception is vital to me and that affects my sales. Therefore, CGC wins. In this case, yes it is all about the money.

I have submitted books to both CGC and CGG/PGA/PGX. Nothing personal Steve, I just like the idea of compitition. It is healthy for everyone, as long as there are no sideways deals going on like PGX and some Oregon dealers.

I don't want to see all Marvel books when I walk into a store, I want to see other things as well. DC, independents whatever. Don't want a total Microsoft world for the comic business as a whole.

If PGX is truely on the up and up with all their clients, then being overly strick should not be a problem. At least you know that is the case, so if you have a boderline 8.5/9.0 Avengers #1 maybe you want to send it in to CGC. If time is a factor to you and you like the holders send it to PGX.

But with that all being said, this is a CGC sponsord marketplace and other companies be it PGX or anyone else who enter into the business should not have their books listed here. Like BassMGman example,,that McDonald's wouldn't allow a Burger King Kiosk,,but, I like the idea that there is a Burger King to go to (unless of course they are trying to pass off horse meat as beef, actually is that stuff either Mcd. or BK use actually meat of any kind that we humans know of? sign-offtopic.gif)

I agree that PGX has quicker TO times and are cheaper, but if and when I see them in Ebay they usually sell for less and 95% of the time have been undergraded as I have found out.

So in reality, I would rather use CGC and take my chance on SCS (which I have seen posted here, but have yet to receive one back), then have a book undergraded and loose $$$ in the long run.