• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All books pre- June 1938
3 3

279 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Yorick said:

The Robert Pedigree... so tough!

There's another Robert book that I posted in the Xmas cover thread.  lol  I got the 3 of them from his brother, along with this, which I had restored:

16357699668_83a2999f22_c.jpg

The guy was out watering his lawn one day in 1994 in my hometown.  I stopped and asked him he ever saved any old comics.  The 4 books were his answer.  $5ea...so you can joke about the Robert Pedigree all you want...:roflmao:

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

7 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

The guy was out watering his lawn one day in 1994 in my hometown.  I stopped and asked him he ever saved any old comics.

I think I'm going to try that.  Just walk down the street and ask everyone I see if they have any old comics.  That's awesome.

3 minutes ago, Yorick said:

I think I'm going to try that.  Just walk down the street and ask everyone I see if they have any old comics.  That's awesome.

I was driving...LOL  He also had a huge stack of Saturday Evening Posts from the 30s, 40s and 50s...I got those too...$1ea...

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

13 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

The guy was out watering his lawn one day in 1994 in my hometown.  I stopped and asked him he ever saved any old comics.

4 minutes ago, Yorick said:

1 minute ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I was driving...LOL

Cover more ground... makes complete sense.  (thumbsu

On 12/15/2018 at 10:07 PM, batman_fan said:
On 12/15/2018 at 9:24 AM, RareHighGrade said:

Here's an early Flessel cover that just slips in under the wire.

MoreFun30(MH).jpg

I would love to buy a big stack of books in 6.0 that looked like that (worship)

Yes indeed, wonder what were the major defects (besides the dried glue) that CGC didn't like which brought the book all the way down to only a Fine 6.0 grade.  ???

Especially in light of the fact that Chuck had it listed as a NM+ copy in his original MH Catalogue.  Of course we know that Chuck tends to over grade at times, but to this extent?  (shrug)

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Yes indeed, wonder what were the major defects (besides the dried glue) that CGC didn't like which brought the book all the way down to only a Fine 6.0 grade.  ???

Especially in light of the fact that Chuck had it listed as a NM+ copy in his original MH Catalogue.  Of course we know that Chuck tends to over grade at times, but to this extent?  (shrug)

That book looks way better than the grade. I would be unhappy with that grade hmunless they thought the glue was holding a spine split (shrug)

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

MoreFun30(MH).jpg

I recently acquired a nice chuck of a 40 year old collection which were mostly graded books. 

I'm looking to move a few, but it's so hard without data to go off of. Can someone provide anything to go off of on this book? 

Gags #1 UFS 7/37 One Shot 

Thanks for your time and happy holidays! 

20181224_101822.jpg

20181224_101833.jpg

Edited by TheMightyMidget

18 hours ago, jpepx78 said:

I believe the Katzies are the Katzenjammer kids since they were syndicated by King Features.

Yeah that’s what i found out too , i was trying to figure out about this book i can’t find anything about it , i sent it to cgc so maybe they’ll have some information about it