• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Inventory Software

28 posts in this topic

Just wanted some thoughts from other boardies. Have a large collection of books I need to get entered and just purchased a Barcode scanner hoping it will make it easier. Can anyone recommend the best software program to use I know of ComicBase but didnt know if there were any others just as good.

ComicBookRealm.com is my weapon of choice... I haven't yet catalogued all the books I own but I'm slowly getting there with it.

I've inputted 761 books so far and it tells me they're worth $13,280.58 a little over enthusiastic I think but not too shabby for a new guy who's only been collecting for 9 months or so :)

thats cool and thanks guys just bought a bar code scanner and was trying to find a program to use with it that way i could just scan them in and would only have to enter the price I paid for them.

As mrc mentioned, collectorz.com software has that feature. I've used a scanner app on my phone to scan into the program and it works rather smoothly!

I'm an Excel guy as well but the scanning idea sounds great. Love technology. I have a barcode scanner on my HTC phone. Hmmm.

I scan the front covers of my books too, just to keep an idea of which I need to upgrade without constantly digging through boxes.

thats cool and thanks guys just bought a bar code scanner and was trying to find a program to use with it that way i could just scan them in and would only have to enter the price I paid for them.

As mrc mentioned, collectorz.com software has that feature. I've used a scanner app on my phone to scan into the program and it works rather smoothly!

Collectorz is awesome, and with their smartphone app Barry you can easily scan everything and it updates in the program.

I'm an Excel guy as well but the scanning idea sounds great. Love technology. I have a barcode scanner on my HTC phone. Hmmm.

I scan the front covers of my books too, just to keep an idea of which I need to upgrade without constantly digging through boxes.

That's the feature to have right there.

I picked up the Collectorz software because I am getting ready to sell my collection. I have no clue how many comics I presently have. I am up to 2491 with 3 long boxes to go. The system is really easy to use but I wish they had a function where you could list the exact grades of your personal comics to go with the stock images and the ability to list the approximate values. The cloud storage site that goes with the software is nifty also:

TJ325's collection

I picked up the Collectorz software because I am getting ready to sell my collection. I have no clue how many comics I presently have. I am up to 2491 with 3 long boxes to go. The system is really easy to use but I wish they had a function where you could list the exact grades of your personal comics to go with the stock images and the ability to list the approximate values. The cloud storage site that goes with the software is nifty also:

TJ325's collection

You can. In the "condition" block just put in your grades. I've got all of the grades listed in there from 0.5 to 10.0 and I've even included CGC 0.5 to CGC 10.0 (not that i own any of these)

There is also a data field for the price paid and current value under the "personal" tab.

Yet another Collectorz fan here. Simple. Easy. Easily updated. Easy to keep updated across multiple platforms (if you are willing to pay for both the desktop & smart phone versions). Cloud backups & synching. It's pretty great. Stock images of covers or customized. Lots of stock info. In fact, most of its info is crowdsourced, so you can update it if something is wrong or you can create listings for books that it can't identify & upload them to their core.

TJ325's collection

You can. In the "condition" block just put in your grades. I've got all of the grades listed in there from 0.5 to 10.0 and I've even included CGC 0.5 to CGC 10.0 (not that i own any of these)

There is also a data field for the price paid and current value under the "personal" tab.

Thanks! Definitely appreciate that info. I've only had the software a couple of weeks so I am still learning about all the features. Two thumbs up for this software system for anyone sitting on the fence.

So can you direct link photos uploaded to the Collectorz cloud so that they can be posted to sites like this CGC forum like you would with photobucket?

My photobucket is getting a bit cramped, so it would be nice to just look up the book in Collectorz to grab my cover photo, copy the cloud image hyperlink, and reference it here in a forum post like I do with my photobucket images.

So can you direct link photos uploaded to the Collectorz cloud so that they can be posted to sites like this CGC forum like you would with photobucket?

My photobucket is getting a bit cramped, so it would be nice to just look up the book in Collectorz to grab my cover photo, copy the cloud image hyperlink, and reference it here in a forum post like I do with my photobucket images.

Let's see:

5c_107551_0_SemperFi9RaiderDeserters.jpg

Looks like it :whee:

WAY easier than photo bucket. Now all of those comics I deleted because I am putting them in th next VCC I need to put back in :censored:

At least it is quick and easy :mad: