• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Van-load of vintage comics!

50 posts in this topic

Wow . What a purchase . While I do not want to know what you paid I am curious if the seller knew how much these cost and was the negotiations long etc.Again none of anyone's business what you paid , just curious to how the process went buying from a guy in a van (down by the river lol). and did he want a ransom at first and or a certain percentage of guide and was there other parties you were bidding on. I am always fascinated with these stories and details on the actual purchase process , if you care to share .

It was a long time collector. He had bought many of the comics from me, and even had his own comic book store in the area at one point. He knew what he bought them for, and what they were worth, and we were able to negotiate a selling price in a friendly manner in about two minutes. A very easy and enjoyable transaction.

A win-win for you and this gentleman! Now... to make that a triple "win" - can you please give us collectors some bones throw out? Give us in advance to when you will plan to do a thread in selling. We will have our wallets ready to surrender. lol

Wow . What a purchase . While I do not want to know what you paid I am curious if the seller knew how much these cost and was the negotiations long etc.Again none of anyone's business what you paid , just curious to how the process went buying from a guy in a van (down by the river lol). and did he want a ransom at first and or a certain percentage of guide and was there other parties you were bidding on. I am always fascinated with these stories and details on the actual purchase process , if you care to share .

It was a long time collector. He had bought many of the comics from me, and even had his own comic book store in the area at one point. He knew what he bought them for, and what they were worth, and we were able to negotiate a selling price in a friendly manner in about two minutes. A very easy and enjoyable transaction.

A win-win for you and this gentleman! Now... to make that a triple "win" - can you please give us collectors some bones throw out? Give us in advance to when you will plan to do a thread in selling. We will have our wallets ready to surrender. lol

Thanks for the support! It will take me a little while to get to this since I've got quite a few irons in the fire. Maybe a week or two. I thought I might try a few items the sales area. The Atlas War books might be a good start. I'll post an update in this very thread when I am ready to go, if no one has any objections.

Thanks for the support! It will take me a little while to get to this since I've got quite a few irons in the fire. Maybe a week or two. I thought I might try a few items the sales area. The Atlas War books might be a good start. I'll post an update in this very thread when I am ready to go, if no one has any objections.

Congrats, collections like these just don't seem to come along very often any more. Even better when the seller knows you have to make a profit and is easy to deal with.

I could use a find like that right now. The coffers are getting dry around here...

Lower the price on your Captain America Comics 3 CGC 6.5 or your Action Comics 15 4.0 and see them replenished.