• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Color Touch removal

13 posts in this topic

Excuse my ignorance, but I used to frequent on here more often in the past, but I remember there being a few individuals on here who were able to remove color touch from a book. Anyone can recommend someone I could speak to regarding this? Trying to get a feel for how much I can expect for something like this, and how the grade would be affected.

I always have disliked the "scraped" look that comes with certain types of ct removal.

The examples I've seen look like some small insects have chewed lines into the affected areas. I'm no fan of color touch. I hate it, but that scraped/chewed look is ugly

I always have disliked the "scraped" look that comes with certain types of ct removal.

The examples I've seen look like some small insects have chewed lines into the affected areas. I'm no fan of color touch. I hate it, but that scraped/chewed look is ugly

This is an AF 15 that I took a chance on with CT removal. It actually looked gorgeous before the CT removal. I was so disappointed with the result that I ended up doing a trade with a boardie. At the time it was an equal trade, but with the way Af15 prices have gone up in the last 2 years I now regret the trade. Even though this is technically a 3.0, the color scrapes really turn me off.

get-attachment-24aspx_zpsd4fdc6c2.jpeg

This is an AF 15 that I took a chance on with CT removal. It actually looked gorgeous before the CT removal. I was so disappointed with the result that I ended up doing a trade with a boardie. At the time it was an equal trade, but with the way Af15 prices have gone up in the last 2 years I now regret the trade. Even though this is technically a 3.0, the color scrapes really turn me off.

what was the apparent grade?

Probably 5.0.

Probably 5.0.

The cgc notes said that it had a "very slight" amount of color touch, which usually means a couple tiny spots, but as you can see it had more than a "very slight" amount.

Probably 5.0.

The cgc notes said that it had a "very slight" amount of color touch, which usually means a couple tiny spots, but as you can see it had more than a "very slight" amount.

What was the grade with the restoration label?

I think it was 5.0 but maybe 5.5. It presented like a 6.5 though. I will fully admit I made a mistake having the ct removed on the AF15.

BUT I'm going to wager the boardie I traded this to is ecstatic with the trade. He definitely got the better end of the trade.

Here's a CT removal I fared better with.

This went from a 9.2 Purple, to a 9.2 Blue. The label on this one, just like on the AF15 said "very small amount of CT", however this one literally had 1 dot of CT that was easy to remove.

get-attachment-2aspx_zpsb06ab79e.jpeg