• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA AUGUST 27-29 SIGNATURE AUCTION

671 posts in this topic

Currently at 1,313 items and growing here are my picks for the best of the best.

1-Al Williamson complete 7 page valor story "the champion" original art 1955:

One of the greatest Williamson stories ever....I have the comic book the color version is amazing. A treasure....

2-Fantastic Comics #1 9.4...simply a beauty to behold......great book

3- The Spirit #15...never new it existed...neither did bob overstreet...9.4 stunning blue copy

4- Carl Barks "sailboat" oil painting...finally one that I like, since the Kirby collection....this could go cheap because all the major collectors have one....the key to this is the reserve amount....

5- The Yellow Kid 1-9....you get one shot in your lifetime on something like this....also check out yellow kid book #11....

6. Suspense Comics #3 slabbed 9.0 top census with virgin white pages. Pennsylvania pedigree, ex-Overstreet, ex-Gerber copy. Comic has a mystique about it because several long time comic vendors (like Hauser, Sibra ex-Rocket Comics of Seattle, WA, and Chicagoboy, the head of the #1 Chicago comicshop chain) have never seen or been offered an unrestored raw copy. :luhv:

6. Suspense Comics #3 slabbed 9.0 top census with virgin white pages. Pennsylvania pedigree, ex-Overstreet, ex-Gerber copy. Comic has a mystique about it because several long time comic vendors (like Hauser, Sibra ex-Rocket Comics of Seattle, WA, and Chicagoboy, the head of the #1 Chicago comicshop chain) have never seen or been offered an unrestored raw copy. :luhv:

I thought graham crackers was chicagos #1 comic chain ?

me too

me too

Maybe he meant hockeyboy13?

me too

I thought graham crackers was Chicago's #1 hot dog chain..? :acclaim:

HA just isn't fun anymore. It is fast becoming the go to auction site for deep pockets and those who don't mind paying over market after you figure in "their" cut.

When has it ever been anything else? (shrug)

HA just isn't fun anymore. It is fast becoming the go to auction site for deep pockets and those who don't mind paying over market after you figure in "their" cut.

The Sunday weekly auctions used to be a great alternative for deals. Not no mo'

HA just isn't fun anymore. It is fast becoming the go to auction site for deep pockets and those who don't mind paying over market after you figure in "their" cut. Nice books though

Every now and then something slips through. Not keys, of course, but I've picked up some books well below FMV. Of course, that may just show that I don't know FMV. :D

Heritage used to get about a third of my collecting budget. Mostly Sunday auctions. I don't think I've won anything from them since they went with the 'live' auctions for Sunday auctions. Most of my money now goes to clink and comicconnect.

Heritage used to get about a third of my collecting budget. Mostly Sunday auctions. I don't think I've won anything from them since they went with the 'live' auctions for Sunday auctions. Most of my money now goes to clink and comicconnect.

With the current exchange rate it is even worse as a Canadian buyer.

27.5% exchange rate with the 19%, + 5% customs import duty = +51.5% of the final hammer!

3- The Spirit #15...never new it existed...neither did bob overstreet...9.4 stunning blue copy

Welll ... Bob knows about the US version published by Quality. But, last time I looked, Bob doesn't list Canadian Bell versions in the Guide. So the fact that this comic is not in the Guide doesn't seem real significant to me.

27.5% exchange rate with the 19%, + 5% customs import duty = +51.5% of the final hammer!

The exchange rate doesn't change the cost, just the unit (CDN vs USD).

The exchange rate doesn't change the cost, just the unit (CDN vs USD).

I think he means relative to the exchange rate between the CDN and the USD. A couple of years ago it was roughly at parity; today it's about 1.30 CDN = 1 USD. So that's a 30% higher price if you are a Canadian buying comics priced in U.S. dollars.