• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA AUGUST 27-29 SIGNATURE AUCTION

671 posts in this topic

I agree that having the live auction does pump up prices... The market is very strong but the real ha bargains are coming on sat. 175 k price stunned me as I predicted 100k...

How many copes of Suspense 3 exist ?

It was always considered RARE by Overstreet, but how rare is rare ?

Total copies had no bearing on the final suspense 3 price, what did matter is 2 people (maybe more) were confident there is only one 9.0 and none better.

You dont know what ur talking about as regarding total copies had no effect on final price.

And saying that what did matter is that 2 people (maybe more) were confident there is only one 9.0 and none better is a nonsensical comment.

So my question remains - how many copies of Suspense 3 exist ? anybody know ?

I agree that having the live auction does pump up prices... The market is very strong but the real ha bargains are coming on sat. 175 k price stunned me as I predicted 100k...

Total copies had no bearing on the final suspense 3 price, what did matter is 2 people (maybe more) were confident there is only one 9.0 and none better.

You dont know what ur talking about as regarding total copies had no effect on final price.

And saying that what did matter is that 2 people (maybe more) were confident there is only one 9.0 and none better is a nonsensical comment.

The answer is no one knows what they cannot possibly know.

This is a known unknown - how's that for nonsensical.

The answer is no one knows what they cannot possibly know.

This is a known unknown - how's that for nonsensical.

The census shows 20 copies unrestored

Overstreet lists as RARE

U are useless on this subject

Not any above 9.0.... The price is staggering 175,500.... It puts the book in a different universe.

I don't understand this price

Still trying to compute

As an old time collector I know Overstret always listed this book as RARE

But seriously...outside of comic fandom...how many people in pop culture know/care about this book ?

Not any above 9.0.... The price is staggering 175,500.... It puts the book in a different universe.

Still trying to compute

But seriously...outside of comic fandom...how many people in pop culture know/care about this book ?

Here we are in agreement, the price is shocking and tough to explain other than to say it is a one of a kind, rare and interesting object.

Still trying to compute

Here we are in agreement, the price is shocking and tough to explain other than to say it a one of a kind, rare and interesting object.

lol

like i said... u r useless

hahaha

I would guess around 50+ copies.

I used to keep track years ago and stopped counting at around 35.

I think it's next to impossible to know. The Overstreet "scarce" and "rare" designations never fit the technical definitions he gave them. I think they really meant:

Rare = almost never see a copy

Scarce = pretty hard to find a copy

Once eBay got rolling and the Heritage archives became available, it was evident that his designations were wide of the mark on some books. But I don't think he often -- if ever -- removed the "scarce" or "rare" designation from a listing. On the flip side, there are some truly rare books -- as in probably fewer than 10 copies exist -- that have never been noted in the guide.

I know Gerber always said it was RARE

But seriously...who cares ? I dont get this book

Huh? You were the one who brought it up! :makepoint:

I think it's next to impossible to know. The Overstreet "scarce" and "rare" designations never fit the technical definitions he gave them. I think they really meant:

Rare = almost never see a copy

Scarce = pretty hard to find a copy

Once eBay got rolling and the Heritage archives became available, it was evident that his designations were wide of the mark on some books. But I don't think he often -- if ever -- removed the "scarce" or "rare" designation from a listing. On the flip side, there are some truly rare books -- as in probably fewer than 10 copies exist -- that have never been noted in the guide.

THis book only makes sense to the ultimate comic geek

And I confess, I am one

Still ...

I know Gerber always said it was RARE

But seriously...who cares ? I dont get this book

Huh? You were the one who brought it up! :makepoint:

I meant . . . who would pay this kind of money for this book

Im intrigued as a comic book geek following Suspense # 3 all my life

Not "who cares" to discuss this :makepoint:

I think the Suspense #3 slabbed 9.0 sold for a reasonable price, as it hammered for less than a Hulk 181 Cgc 9.9 which I believe sold for about $182,000 2 years ago, and less than Todd McFarlane original art McSpidey covers in the $200k to $300k range. Congrats to whichever (worship) Big Fish was the top bidder. A shrewd purchase for a Schombourg collector. :applause:

Still trying to compute

Here we are in agreement, the price is shocking and tough to explain other than to say it a one of a kind, rare and interesting object.

There is a new major player in the market at this time