• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA AUGUST 27-29 SIGNATURE AUCTION

671 posts in this topic

I agree that having the live auction does pump up prices... The market is very strong but the real ha bargains are coming on sat. 175 k price stunned me as I predicted 100k...

How many copes of Suspense 3 exist ?

It was always considered RARE by Overstreet, but how rare is rare ?

Total copies had no bearing on the final suspense 3 price, what did matter is 2 people (maybe more) were confident there is only one 9.0 and none better.

You never know, maybe it's potential can still be maximized to a 9.2 NM- or higher. lol

After all, Magik is old school and left all of his books alone as he doesn't buy into the CPR game that is so prevalent in today's marketplace. (thumbs u

Auction fever hit I guess -- Fantastic 1 sits untouched for months at 15K on CL, then sells for 24K today on HA.

Like I have said in the past, this is an absolutely gorgeous copy of this book and almost 3-D like if you see it in person! :cloud9:

Sometimes, it's a matter of having just the right venue, plus unbridled auction fever also never hurts. lol

Perhaps it was purchased by an Asian buyer who is unable to access Comiclink due to the fact that they block anyone from Asia from their website.

You mean your reputation is so notorious that it's now gotten to the point whereby they are banning all bidders from the entire continent of Asia. :o:baiting:

Auction fever hit I guess -- Fantastic 1 sits untouched for months at 15K on CL, then sells for 24K today on HA.

Like I have said in the past, this is an absolutely gorgeous copy of this book and almost 3-D like if you see it in person! :cloud9:

Sometimes, it's a matter of having just the right venue, plus unbridled auction fever also never hurts. lol

It truly is a spectacular book. I wonder who won it.

I knew I never should have taken that darn tour of the Diamond offices during their International Galleries grand opening back in 95. While that was going on, Fishler and his gang were scarfing up all of the best books from the display cases. doh!

If I remember correctly, this book went for something like only $3,300 at the time. :cry:

Diamond18.jpg

Now, wouldn't that Suspense #1 go nicely with the Suspense #3! :idea:hm

Wow almost double our expectations lol

Pretty much in line with my expectations as I mentioned to Magik a few months ago that it should be able to go for over $150K based upon the prices that GA keys and classic cover books were fetching in the spring auctions. (thumbs u

Great prediction! Most of us thought it would sell for around $100k, so we were proven wrong lol . I'm just floored at how well it did. Congrats to Magik :applause:

I have a feeling that may be a record that will stand for a while in the "cool cover on otherwise nothing book" category.

Well, how about a book such as the Church copy of Fantastic Comics #3 with the classic robot cover.

Supposedly in NM condition if we can rely on Chuck's grading as per his Church catalogue. True, it might not beat the Suspense 3 record price, but definitely should have a chance at gaining membership into the prestigious $100K club. hm

It is a near mint copy. And it's spectacular.

In it's natural habitat.

Fantastic3Church.jpg

Well, that definitely looks like a pretty darn nice copy, and with white pages to boot. :cloud9:

For the uninitiated, where was this picture taken ? Nice OA on the walls

Wow almost double our expectations lol

Pretty much in line with my expectations as I mentioned to Magik a few months ago that it should be able to go for over $150K based upon the prices that GA keys and classic cover books were fetching in the spring auctions. (thumbs u

Great prediction! Most of us thought it would sell for around $100k, so we were proven wrong lol . I'm just floored at how well it did. Congrats to Magik :applause:

I have a feeling that may be a record that will stand for a while in the "cool cover on otherwise nothing book" category.

Well, how about a book such as the Church copy of Fantastic Comics #3 with the classic robot cover.

Supposedly in NM condition if we can rely on Chuck's grading as per his Church catalogue. True, it might not beat the Suspense 3 record price, but definitely should have a chance at gaining membership into the prestigious $100K club. hm

It is a near mint copy. And it's spectacular.

In it's natural habitat.

AndyJonFant3.jpg

Fantastic3Church.jpg

Lets see if the original art today will break new ground. I found the minimum of 40K for the rocketeer cover to be a bit high. The Barks painting is at 50K with BP..I still loved the original claw page from the 19040's...probably the only one in existence at 3200 its a steal. Another steal is the Bill Ward comic book price guide #7...its still at 3400...I haver seen ward pieces go for double, half the size and in black and white... this 13 x 20 with a original logo drawn by ward...best buy in the auction.

Why did he let the lumberjack hold it? :baiting:

AndyJonFant3.jpg

This is worth repeating. I'll bet Fishler is beside himself for this book.

Fantastic3Church.jpg

Not any above 9.0.... The price is staggering 175,000 +... It puts the book in a different universe.

That's a lot of $ for a cover.

If sales tax was Paid it is even more plus shiiping costs. The hammer price was actually 172,500 plus shipping.

Not any above 9.0.... The price is staggering 175,000 +... It puts the book in a different universe.

That's a lot of $ for a cover.

Yes, but nothing in comparison to what was paid for a CGC label for what is otherwise a common as dirt book:

I think the Suspense #3 slabbed 9.0 sold for a reasonable price, as it hammered for less than a Hulk 181 Cgc 9.9 which I believe sold for about $182,000 2 years ago

Give me the Suspense 3 over a Hulk 181 any day of the week, regardless of the label. (thumbs u

A little off topic, but I can't help but ask WHAT'S UP with this PLANET COMICS #15 (conserved, 2.5):

PLANET 15

Final price $3346. :o Is it the Amazing Man #25/#26 of that run? (in other words, impossible? Desirable in any grade?)

You should do a recreation of that one Ryan. Easily the rarest issue and one of the rarest Fiction House books. what makes this copy exceptional is the comparatively deep reds, and the white pages. Here is mine by comparison, which only cost a little more, but you can see why. [i [i]seriously [/i]considered downgrading and having it restored, but missed the auction, which is probably just as well, given other commitments.]

PlanetComics15CGC30_zpsbc62ff75.jpg

A little off topic, but I can't help but ask WHAT'S UP with this PLANET COMICS #15 (conserved, 2.5):

PLANET 15

Final price $3346. :o Is it the Amazing Man #25/#26 of that run? (in other words, impossible? Desirable in any grade?)

You should do a recreation of that one Ryan. Easily the rarest issue and one of the rarest Fiction House books. what makes this copy exceptional is the comparatively deep reds, and the white pages. Here is mine by comparison, which only cost a little more, but you can see why. [i [i]seriously [/i]considered downgrading and having it restored, but missed the auction, which is probably just as well, given other commitments.]

PlanetComics15CGC30_zpsbc62ff75.jpg

Wow. That's a really nice copy. I assume it was the PQ that brought down the grade. (I'm sure your bank account will thank you for missing the auction. :D )