• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA AUGUST 27-29 SIGNATURE AUCTION

671 posts in this topic

Won my first HA book :) do they automatically charge my credit card? I don't see any options to make a payment or anything unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

They'll send you an invoice after the auction is over. Keep bidding, you may win more!

Well, unless my system went wonky I snagged this puppy from HA today... :acclaim:

lf_zpsdpnkstkc.jpeg

So there! :sumo:

Hold on now. The auction hasn't begun yet. :makepoint:

I thought the same thing

:cry:

Since theres no voice auction on last day I thought bidding ended when the clock wound down to zero (vis-a-vis ebay). After bidding I waited until my lot closed and I naturally assumed the auction was over. :frustrated:

Well, that'll teach me to go after the Saturday bargains. Congrats to whoever wins it. I'm late for an appointment already.

Don't have time to stick around for the lot to come up again even though I like the book. Oh well. smiley-sad030.gif

In the listing, just click on the button that says something like "notify me when this lot is 35 lots away from yadda yadda yadda." You'll have to set up a phone number (that can receive text messages) if you haven't done so. Then you don't have to wait around.

Or just go to the lot right now and place a bid. You can still proxy bid (in the live bidding app.) You don't have to wait for the lot to come up to place a bid.

Well, unless my system went wonky I snagged this puppy from HA today... :acclaim:

lf_zpsdpnkstkc.jpeg

I thought the same thing

Since theres no voice auction on last day I thought bidding ended when the clock wound down to zero (vis-a-vis ebay). After bidding I waited until my lot closed and I naturally assumed the auction was over. :frustrated:

Well, that'll teach me to go after the Saturday bargains. Congrats to whoever wins it. I'm late for an appointment already.

Don't have time to stick around for the lot to come up again even though I like the book. Oh well. smiley-sad030.gif

In the listing, just click on the button that says something like "notify me when this lot is 35 lots away from yadda yadda yadda." You'll have to set up a phone number (that can receive text messages) if you haven't done so. Then you don't have to wait around.

Or just go to the lot right now and place a bid. You can still proxy bid (in the live bidding app.) You don't have to wait for the lot to come up to place a bid.

You really only need to wait for the live bidding if you are making sure you win it regardless of price and press that bid button live.

lf_zpsdpnkstkc.jpeg

I thought the same thing

You really only need to wait for the live bidding if you are making sure you win it regardless of price and press that bid button live.

Which is also absolutely the best way to pay way more than you wanted to! :D

lf_zpsdpnkstkc.jpeg

I thought the same thing

I delayed my luncheon engagement. :headbang: Won it with a cut-bid. :whee:

So, there! :sumo:

lf_zpsdpnkstkc.jpeg

I thought the same thing

I delayed my luncheon engagement. :headbang: Won it with a cut-bid. :whee:

So, there! :sumo:

(worship)

I was sitting there watching the one book I really wanted to win. It said I was winning all the way through and then the auction closed. This morning it says I lost by one bid increment. How the heck did that happen???

I was sitting there watching the one book I really wanted to win. It said I was winning all the way through and then the auction closed. This morning it says I lost by one bid increment. How the heck did that happen???

Sounds like something may have screwed up on their end. hm

Bill, in your position I'd certainly relay concerns and disappointment to Heritage. HA are set up for simple bidding and their system usually works fine, but moving quickly from one auction to the next doesn't provide enough clarity for closing bidders. I think they may need to upgrade their software to help bidders and provide more certainty on final hammer sales. My 2c

I'm not sure this would account for it, but I sometimes find it confusing when I top the current bid but the previous high bidder has activated the "protected bid increment" thing or whatever it's called.

I know that I put in some bids where it instantly flipped back to my losing, presumably because the previous high bidder's bid protection kicked in. A bit of inattention and the auction closes without my quite realizing that I hadn't won it.

I would guess that if you want to follow up with them, they would be able to check the logs and see the sequence of bids.

Do you think your final bid did not go thru or were you leading with a pre-auction bid?

Not any above 9.0.... The price is staggering 175,000 +... It puts the book in a different universe.

Or we could put another spin on it since every story has 2 different sides.

Since Magik had to pay 10 times top of guide to buy the book from Gerber in the first place, this looks like a big hit relative to the guide since he was only able to get just over 3X condition guide on this sale. That's a loss of almost 7X guide for Magik on this book. :cry::takeit:

Maybe we should start up a collection for poor old Magik! lol

Not any above 9.0.... The price is staggering 175,000 +... It puts the book in a different universe.

Or we could put another spin on it since every story has 2 different sides.

Since Magik had to pay 10 times top of guide to buy the book from Gerber in the first place, this looks like a big hit relative to the guide since he was only able to get just over 3X condition guide on this sale. That's a loss of almost 7X guide for Magik on this book. :cry::takeit:

Maybe we should start up a collection for poor old Magik! lol

The price on this book is a "game changer"....it looks like the nontraditional big boy titles are gonna take a price jump...especially top graded CGC unrestored copies...