• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA AUGUST 27-29 SIGNATURE AUCTION

671 posts in this topic

I was sitting there watching the one book I really wanted to win. It said I was winning all the way through and then the auction closed. This morning it says I lost by one bid increment. How the heck did that happen???

Do you think your final bid did not go thru or were you leading with a pre-auction bid?

leading with a pre-auction bid. It said "you are winning" all the way through the closing of the lot. The bid button isn't active when you are leading.

If it wasn't a software and/or incompatibility glitch you may have experienced the same thing that happened with my Weird Fantasy #20 bid.

I followed my winning bid until the lot closed and assumed the auction was over. While I was doing my victory lap Junkdrawer pointed out that the real auction hadn't started yet. :facepalm:

That's when it started to sink in that I'd just been following the pre-action count-down.

The Heritage Live auction was scheduled to start immediately after the lots closed (as opposed to the day after).

Since there's no voice auction on the last day I'd assumed that the countdown WAS the auction. :blush:

When the real auction started the bidding is handled as usual, with red bid and cut bid buttons and "beeps", just no visible/audible auctioneer.

doh!

Glad you got the book in the end :applause:

I was sitting there watching the one book I really wanted to win. It said I was winning all the way through and then the auction closed. This morning it says I lost by one bid increment. How the heck did that happen???

Do you think your final bid did not go thru or were you leading with a pre-auction bid?

leading with a pre-auction bid. It said "you are winning" all the way through the closing of the lot. The bid button isn't active when you are leading.

If it wasn't a software and/or incompatibility glitch you may have experienced the same thing that happened with my Weird Fantasy #20 bid.

I followed my winning bid until the lot closed and assumed the auction was over. While I was doing my victory lap Junkdrawer pointed out that the real auction hadn't started yet. :facepalm:

That's when it started to sink in that I'd just been following the pre-action count-down.

The Heritage Live auction was scheduled to start immediately after the lots closed (as opposed to the day after).

Since there's no voice auction on the last day I'd assumed that the countdown WAS the auction. :blush:

When the real auction started the bidding is handled as usual, with red bid and cut bid buttons and "beeps", just no visible/audible auctioneer.

doh!

Glad you got the book in the end :applause:

Thanks! Me too, ...I had to postpone my luncheon engagement with Barack, but he understood. lol

The suspense 3 price breakthrough opens up non key titles to prices where anything goes ... To an area where cap 1 and action has been reserved forb the last 50 years of comic book collecting . Who is say the the two page x men art which sold for 167k is any more outrageous . Like it or not our comic book world changed after this auction.... Prices across the board on choice or top grade cgc non key tiles are gonna feel and react to this sale. The real question that everybody should ask is which book is gonna be next....it's coming.

Bill. Same thing happened to me once when Borock was there. He looked into it bc I had a screen shot showing I had won but apparently someone bid 4/10th of a sec before me and it didn't register properly.

Bill. Same thing happened to me once when Borock was there. He looked into it bc I had a screen shot showing I had won but apparently someone bid 4/10th of a sec before me and it didn't register properly.

I've heard a bunch of high frequency dealers have set up right across the street from Heritage's servers and paid for a direct pipe into Heritage's server room, allowing them to run bidding algorithms that operate in milliseconds.

Michael Lewis is writing a book about them, called "Flash Nerds".

I've heard a bunch of high frequency dealers have set up right across the street from Heritage's servers and paid for a direct pipe into Heritage's server room, allowing them to run bidding algorithms that operate in milliseconds.

Michael Lewis is writing a book about them, called "Flash Nerds".

:signfunny:

I had the same thing happen to me on a page of OA. Thought I won, except I didn't.

I was bidding on mobile. What about you Bill?

yes, I was on mobile

I would never want to rely on a mobile to do anything of importance, let alone count on it for real-time bidding during an auction.

Working on mobile versus a real computer generally has less features, capability, and I am sure that it's speed is also slower which can be critical to winning during an on-line auction.

I had the same thing happen to me on a page of OA. Thought I won, except I didn't.

yes, I was on mobile

I would never want to rely on a mobile to do anything of importance, let alone count on it for real-time bidding during an auction.

Working on mobile versus a real computer generally has less features, capability, and I am sure that it's speed is also slower which can be critical to winning during an on-line auction.

If you really want to make sure things get done properly, you can use your mobile the old fashioned way and, you know, use it to speak, as a phone bidder.

yes, I was on mobile

If you really want to make sure things get done properly, you can use your mobile the old fashioned way and, you know, use it to speak, as a phone bidder.

Wait, you're saying you can talk on a phone? Is this some special luxury Apple device?

yes, I was on mobile

Wait, you're saying you can talk on a phone? Is this some special luxury Apple device?

C'mon guys, quit making fun of Bill's mobile phone bidding! :sumo:

2668_002755_iretro_phone_set_jogdia-500x375.jpg

I still use rotary dial phones! :blush: