• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA AUGUST 27-29 SIGNATURE AUCTION

671 posts in this topic

Is anyone else surprised at how high the prices are for this auction in general? I could be wrong, but it seems HA is far too expensive for most collectors? (shrug)

(shrug) I don't think its far too expensive. HA's Signature Auctions cater to a specific crowd, Golden Age buyers and High Grade Silver Age along with Great Art. Most golden age is already expensive wherever you want to get it and so is high grade silver. Add to this the fact that there is a minimum $500 market value to any piece being offered and of course its going to be "too expensive" But I think if the Suspense 3's new owner threw it up on eBay it would still sell for close to the same price as on HA.

Is anyone else surprised at how high the prices are for this auction in general? I could be wrong, but it seems HA is far too expensive for most collectors? (shrug)

(shrug) I don't think its far too expensive. HA's Signature Auctions cater to a specific crowd, Golden Age buyers and High Grade Silver Age along with Great Art. Most golden age is already expensive wherever you want to get it and so is high grade silver. Add to this the fact that there is a minimum $500 market value to any piece being offered and of course its going to be "too expensive" But I think if the Suspense 3's new owner threw it up on eBay it would still sell for close to the same price as on HA.

Jay, I think you make several valid points. I guess my post was more just my own lamenting about comic auction prices in general. I guess this is not 2005 anymore. :sorry:

By the way, love your AF 15 that I have seen you post elsewhere :headbang:

Haha I too miss the old days. I think we all do. I'm actually sitting today out (still going to watch but not bid) to keep my powder dry for tomorrow.

Anyone have any predictions on what the Superman #1 finishes at?

Reminder that 5% of the hammer price for slabbed comics from the 'Collection of Mr. Woo' will be generously donated to the Heroe's Initiative Charity to raise funds for retired comic book creators, writers, artists, inkers, colorists, letterers. (thumbs u

10,296 bidders we could hit 11,000 by the end of the auction, especially after the OA section, good luck today....

I wonder if those are unique bidders, or just bids?

Open two tabs, check the bidder count, place a bid (assuming it won't be your first bid) and see if the count goes up

10,296 bidders we could hit 11,000 by the end of the auction, especially after the OA section, good luck today....

Open two tabs, check the bidder count, place a bid (assuming it won't be your first bid) and see if the count goes up

I just did this and the count went up by one. So there you have it, bids, not bidders

I just did this and the count went up by one. So there you have it, bids, not bidders

Very interesting. I wonder how many unique bidders there are?

While that many unique bidders sounded good great. That many total unique bids placed on items sounds kind of scary.