• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA AUGUST 27-29 SIGNATURE AUCTION

671 posts in this topic

:acclaim:

(Subtract a zero and change the vg to vf and that's your copper price guide too :gossip: I'll work on silver and modern after lunch :insane: )

please let me know when you plan a sales thread, sounds like here could be a lot of flipable material available.

My observation is that - for some strange reason - never once have I been able to sell a book for more than the sticker price I put on it. They always sell for at or below sticker, but never once has someone seen the sticker price then offered to pay more. Why is that?

common sense (shrug)

your problem is you need dumber customers :insane:

Heritage still provides the link to GPA on books that are in auction. Just gotta scroll down to see it.

You are right. Somehow I never noticed it before.

CGC Value Guide

Exclusive to Heritage members: GPAnalysis price report (& link to CGC Census) for this certified comic. GO!

Ive never noticed!

Here's a counterpoint Bill. Your own view is very narrow as well! :foryou: Non key golden age that don't move much. That's like 2% of what's out there. The guide is flat wrong for silver, flat wrong for bronze, flat wrong for copper, flat wrong for anything since then too. I get that this post is in gold not general, and your own collecting focus is one where perhaps (maybe) you crack open the guide. But for 99% of comic collectors in general.... the pricing information is no longer a reason to buy the guide.

how is 99.9% of all golden age comics narrow? I sell lots of them. As do dealers like Harley, Terry, Jamie, etc. And yes, they use their Guide

I pretty much avoid buying "keys" and, despite that, have made practically no use of the Guide over the last 15+ years. Each year I look at a few thousand items and, out of that, refer to the Guide for at most a handful.

I don't even buy the Guide to read as it appears to me to be written by an engineer for other engineers. Our hobby's foundation is artistic/creative endeavors so it's sad to see such a woefully designed book to be the gateway for so many.

Heritage still provides the link to GPA on books that are in auction. Just gotta scroll down to see it.

CGC Value Guide

Exclusive to Heritage members: GPAnalysis price report (& link to CGC Census) for this certified comic. GO!

Ive never noticed!

That is so funny. It's been there for about 2 years or more.

:acclaim:

(Subtract a zero and change the vg to vf and that's your copper price guide too :gossip: I'll work on silver and modern after lunch :insane: )

please let me know when you plan a sales thread, sounds like here could be a lot of flipable material available.

(tsk) no silver age price guide for you then! :insane:

Here's a counterpoint Bill. Your own view is very narrow as well! :foryou: Non key golden age that don't move much. That's like 2% of what's out there. The guide is flat wrong for silver, flat wrong for bronze, flat wrong for copper, flat wrong for anything since then too. I get that this post is in gold not general, and your own collecting focus is one where perhaps (maybe) you crack open the guide. But for 99% of comic collectors in general.... the pricing information is no longer a reason to buy the guide.

how is 99.9% of all golden age comics narrow? I sell lots of them. As do dealers like Harley, Terry, Jamie, etc. And yes, they use their Guide

I pretty much avoid buying "keys" and, despite that, have made practically no use of the Guide over the last 15+ years. Each year I look at a few thousand items and, out of that, refer to the Guide for at most a handful.

I don't even buy the Guide to read as it appears to me to be written by an engineer for other engineers. Our hobby's foundation is artistic/creative endeavors so it's sad to see such a woefully designed book to be the gateway for so many.

Yeah, the listing of titles by alphabetical order really drives me crazy! :pullhair:

CGC Value Guide

Ive never noticed!

Way longer than 2 years.

CGC Value Guide

Ive never noticed!

Way longer than 2 years.

I mainly buy golden age from heritage and as many have stated in the past, sales data is woefully insufficient in most cases. So never noticed but then again, I've never looked :)

CGC Value Guide

Ive never noticed!

Way longer than 2 years.

I mainly buy golden age from heritage and as many have stated in the past, sales data is woefully insufficient in most cases. So never noticed but then again, I've never looked :)

I similarly don`t find GPA all that helpful for the kinds of books that I`m interested in.

But I still knew it was there!

CGC Value Guide

Ive never noticed!

Way longer than 2 years.

I similarly don`t find GPA all that helpful for the kinds of books that I`m interested in

i heard you no longer had interest in that vancouver cmj.

CGC Value Guide

Ive never noticed!

Way longer than 2 years.

I similarly don`t find GPA all that helpful for the kinds of books that I`m interested in.

admittedly I've never been accused of having great powers of observation :insane:

My observation is that - for some strange reason - never once have I been able to sell a book for more than the sticker price I put on it. They always sell for at or below sticker, but never once has someone seen the sticker price then offered to pay more. Why is that?

common sense (shrug)

your problem is you need dumber customers :insane:

Either that or Economics 101:

Your books are simply not priced low enough! :baiting:lol

If they are, then you can attract them like bees to honey and then simply take the best offer. (thumbs u

CGC Value Guide

Ive never noticed!

Way longer than 2 years.

I similarly don`t find GPA all that helpful for the kinds of books that I`m interested in

I've been waiting by the phone for an offer. :whistle:

Looks like you have been acquiring some of the Fawcett's for quite a few years now.

I assume your strategy must be to acquire them on the cheap and then wait for the marketplace to cycle them back into favor. hm

If this is the case, hopefully you was able to pick up your copy of Marvel Family #1 before all of the Black Adam movie hype. :wishluck:

Looks like you have been acquiring some of the Fawcett's for quite a few years now.

Only with Raboy covers

I assume your strategy must be to acquire them on the cheap and then wait for the marketplace to cycle them back into favor. hm

The market for them has already cycled back in favor, with a vengeance. For several years now. With one notable exception, I haven't been able to acquire any of the Church Master Raboy covers that have come on the market over the last few years. The prices have just been crazy.

Only with Raboy covers

Oh, I see....collecting covers only by the Master. Have you had any luck with his classic Bulletman covers yet?

The market for them has already cycled back in favor, with a vengeance. For several years now. With one notable exception, I haven't been able to acquire any of the Church Master Raboy covers that have come on the market over the last few years. The prices have just been crazy.

Yes, the Raboy Master covers are definitely the cream of the crop and probably why they are the toughest to acquire. Some of these most definitely always go for multiples to guide in the rare instances that they do show up, and should really be broken out in the guide.

Just got an email newsletter from Metro last week and I noticed that they are on the hunt for Master 27's (the classic V for Victory cover) in all grades. Looks like it is the one and only Fawcett book on their Most Wanted List.

So, if that is the one exception that you have, you can probably make some decent money by turning it around to them. :gossip:

CGC Value Guide

Ive never noticed!

Way longer than 2 years.

admittedly I've never been accused of having great powers of observation :insane:

I hear tell your great power is one of digestion.