• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIZARD STOCK IN FREE FALL
1 1

375 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Dale Roberts said:

Pretty sure the show is going to happen. Apparently the guy who bought them is a billionaire. From what I hear, they are going to try to focus more on comics, less on celebrities.

The Chicago Comicon is still the premiere Comic Book show in the country. More books there than anywhere that I have been.

Having been to a couple Wizard World shows, I can't imagine the Chicago show would be better than C2E2.

9 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

18 hours ago, Dale Roberts said:

Pretty sure the show is going to happen. Apparently the guy who bought them is a billionaire. From what I hear, they are going to try to focus more on comics, less on celebrities.

The Chicago Comicon is still the premiere Comic Book show in the country. More books there than anywhere that I have been.

Having been to a couple Wizard World shows, I can't imagine the Chicago show would be better than C2E2.

I haven't been to a C2E2, but it is difficult to imagine it being any better than WW Chicago in terms of books. It is far from your typical Wizard show.

Edited by mysterio

4 minutes ago, mysterio said:

I haven't been to a C2E2, but it is difficult to imagine it being any better than WW Chicago in terms of books. It is far from your typical Wizard show.

Is Gene Simmons and Lou Ferrigno there?

Just now, ygogolak said:

Who cares? Every major dealer in the country goes for the most part, along with several smaller dealers. I've never had any trouble spending whatever bankroll I take with me, and usually by the end of preview night. If someone like Dale says it is the premier comic show, that is probably a pretty good sign that it is.

1 minute ago, mysterio said:

Who cares? Every major dealer in the country goes for the most part, along with several smaller dealers. I've never had any trouble spending whatever bankroll I take with me, and usually by the end of preview night. If someone like Dale says it is the premier comic show, that is probably a pretty good sign that it is.

LOL, calm down man.

I wasn't sure if he meant the premiere Wizard show of just show in general.

Edited by ygogolak

3 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

LOL, calm down man.

I wasn't sure if he meant the premiere Wizard show of just show in general.

No worries, not worked up on this end. The Chicago show, not Wizard shows in general (which are definitely garbage 99% of the time). WW Chicago will stack up against any show in the country. Chicago has a long legacy because of Moondog turning the show into one of the best in the country. For a long time it was considered #2 behind only SDCC. In terms of books it is still definitely a destination show.

Edited by mysterio

Chicago is the best imho because of the amount of books dealers bring and also just the amount of dealers you can meet to help fill want lists when they return to all of their inventory. 

It is a great comic convention upon this day and age of cosplay and other goods now sold at conventions. 

10 hours ago, ygogolak said:

If I could only go to one comic book show a year...WWChicago would be that show, and it's not even that close.

Jim

Ive been there 3 times and its better then any show I have ever been too. That being said, I am unsure if the show will be as good as they used
too because its more cosplay and merchandise now then comics. The first few times I went was a comic book lover's dream. I could have brought
home 8 boxes of books that I would pay nothing for.

10 hours ago, ygogolak said:
10 hours ago, mysterio said:

I didn't realize they were a couple.

33 minutes ago, topofthetotem said:
1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

I didn't realize they were a couple.

A couple of what?

Now that you mention it, I did realize they were a couple...., a couple of jackwagons.

Just now, topofthetotem said:
35 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Now that you mention it, I did realize they were a couple...., a couple of jackwagons.

Better then being dillnozzles I guess?

My first thought is that they were romantically involved.  hm

Just now, porcupine48 said:
1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

Dildoholio!

PorkyPenis!!!

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:
1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

Dildoholio!

Much like us-ins! :x