• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Classics Illustrated at my LCS

7 posts in this topic

I go to a newer LCS and like to look thought their back issues, which is only a few boxes. last week the owner was excited to tell me he got some comics from "the 40s" in and pointed to 2 short boxes of Classics Illustrated. I am intrigued but know nothing about these books. They look to be in nice condition overall. So I was hoping to get a little education here.

Are there any specific issues I should look out for? Any favorites that I may want to read? I am looking for value and/or entertainment, not just a cool score.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Be well all!

It's complicated, but most likely they are reprints from the 1950s or 1960s. Originals had ads for the next issue. If you have access to an Overstreet, the many details are spelled out.

I bought a collection for my daughter to read. Missing a few issues to have a complete collection. Looking mainly for 15c copies, don't care for HRN numbers. Fine or better condition books wanted.

Thanks guys. I will get a few pictures when I am there Wednesday so I can go through that list better.

I'll also look through a book for the ads you mentioned Sqeggs.

The ads are called HRNS which stands for highest reorder number. The ad on the back cover shows the book coming next, and offers a lost of all the publishe d books. The highest number indicates which edition it is.

The ads are called HRNS which stands for highest reorder number. The ad on the back cover shows the book coming next, and offers a lost of all the publishe d books. The highest number indicates which edition it is.

Excellent. Thanks to you as well.