• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saying Bye to all

33 posts in this topic

Was fun chatting with everyone, have to say adios as my wife is freaking out with my collection and the insanity of time spent with it. So hanging up the skates, good luck everyone.

Godspeed.

Was fun chatting with everyone, have to say adios as my wife is freaking out with my collection and the insanity of time spent with it. So hanging up the skates, good luck everyone.

Godspeed.

Just dial it back a bit. 2c

While keeping secrets is not something you want to do keeping things on the down low keeps a marriage happy. My wife buys shoes.pocket books. I don't ask and don't want to know but if she mentioned it all the time and spent all her time on a shoe and pocket book website I probably would have a issue.keep the comics to yourself and as said above just dial it back a bit.

Good luck and come back after awhile. It's all about time management and if it's causing arguments, find a middle ground for the both of you. Resentment has a way of creeping in when things like this happen and then things REALLY get said. Again, good luck bro!

While keeping secrets is not something you want to do keeping things on the down low keeps a marriage happy. My wife buys shoes.pocket books. I don't ask and don't want to know but if she mentioned it all the time and spent all her time on a shoe and pocket book website I probably would have a issue.keep the comics to yourself and as said above just dial it back a bit.

This is the way to go.

However if you have a wife that monitors your bank account and spending it may not go over so well. Finances is a big issue that can cause many fights in a marriage, even end one. This is why as soon as I met my wife I made sure to set boundaries.. I have my personal account, she has her personal account, and then we have a joint account. Even though I make more then her, we have it set up to where we both contribute to our living expenses but in the end both end up with the same equal amount of play money to do whatever with. We both equally contribute to our joint account but when it comes to our personal accounts, I try to not ask questions and vice versa, even though I know how expensive them handbags are ;)

As mentioned tone down the spending..or better yet invest wisely and flip books..she may have a change of heart if she sees you're making money off your hobby (thumbs u

Every man should have a slush fund. Mine is in one of my hardcover trades. And I have a Sienkiewicz postcard of Elektra guarding it. Sometimes it has only a few dollars in it and sometimes it has quite a bit more. My wife knows I have it but not where it is, so if things get tough I go get her some cash and all is good.

It helps that she knows that it comes from things I have sold. When I sold a piece of art for quite a bit (mid-four figures which is quite a bit for me) I covered the mortgage for that month and that keeps things moving nicely.

One of the truest sayings ever is "happy wife, happy life".

But spidrvacc (you have to explain that name to me someday) and the others give good advice, just keep it quieter if you can. If not, then yes you should take time off and get things straight before resuming.

Good luck, and see you again sometime hopefully.

I repat to myself all the time :Happy Wife , Happy Life". And as said above me and my wife have always had separate bank accounts and seperate credit cards. one joint card and a joint acct. We split the bills. When i made more money i took the bills 60-40 but now my wife makes more and its 60-40 the other way. And yes we all need a slush fund for emergancys. I have a few dollars sitting somewhere incase of emergency.

PS: Spidervacc is mix of my last name and my favorite super hero . My last name is Spider and my favorite hero is Vacc Man . Just Kidding.

You could scale it back but don't walk away from something you enjoy. Life can be hard, if you find something you enjoy your significant other shouldn't pressure you to get rid of it.

One of the worst days of my life was made brighter by this hobby. My wife and I had won an affordable housing lottery, beating out 50,000 applicants, and were going to move to a brand new 2-bed 2-bath luxury apartment in a midtown Manhattan for just $1,050 a month (regular rate was starting at $6,000). The day we go to sign she had a mental break and refused to sign because she had a crush on a guy who worked near our old neighborhood. Of course I suddenly realized not only was I not moving, I had to divorce my wife of 10-years. That night I was escaping reality by reading some comics and noticed my letter to Walking Dead had been printed in the mail section of the latest issue. It brought some much needed joy to a dark day.

I say sell one book for a nice chunk of money. Show her that comic collecting can be profitable . She will change her tune real fast.

This. But obviously choose a book that isn't your favorite/willing to give up (for now). Ultimatums like this usually aren't constructive, unless the spending was really really wild. Talk her down a little, she may come around :)

Jerome