• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scooby Doo Collecting Thread

75 posts in this topic

Well, I had a disappointing week for Scoobs. Talked to two dealers who didn't have anything high grade, went to 5 or 6 comic shops and only ended up with the marvel #1 pictured above!

Collecting Scooby Doo in high grade is going to be a challenge. Many comics are touted as being hard to find in high grade, but what people really mean is they are expensive. (I have to laugh at people on the Modern Boards talking about how hard some comics are when there are 10+ copies on eBay at any given time albeit pricey.) Most every comic from the 1960s and up can be found in high grade for the right price. I believe Scooby Doo is probably one of the exceptions.

Well, based on the scan only, it looks like the cover could have subtle wear that brings it down but keeps the eye appeal high. For instance, I see something along the bottom edge. I also see something (what is that?? Scuffing of some kind??) going through the legs of Fred, Daphne, and Shaggy.

Velma must have been off screen looking for her glasses

Well, based on the scan only, it looks like the cover could have subtle wear that brings it down but keeps the eye appeal high. For instance, I see something along the bottom edge. I also see something (what is that?? Scuffing of some kind??) going through the legs of Fred, Daphne, and Shaggy.

Velma must have been off screen looking for her glasses

Wow! I didn't even notice the scuffing staring me right in the face. Guess that made my decision for me.