• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your Favorite top 10 GA Covers (That you Own)?
2 2

331 posts in this topic

I got a response in my junk thread to one of my books from comicdonna that got me thinking. What are the top 10 GA comic covers (that you own)? I know, a near impossible task. Kind of like picking your favorite child. But when you think about your collection. What 10 come to mind right away? Here are mine. (This could change in 5 minutes) but here is my stab. What are yours?

This one was easy. Love the colors, the mood and the fact the figure is so prominant:

comgiantcom12_zps98684840.jpg

This one just pops to mind very quickly as well. It would have had my dime fast!

comworldsoffear10_zps2v4shm8k.jpg

This one is just so full of action and after all, I am Robot Man...

comhumantorch23_zpskg1misic.jpg

By, far, my favorite MAD cover. MAD has a special place to me because this is what inspired me to go down this dark road.

mad59_zps6u3ny6dc.jpg

My favorite Friction House book for sure. Love the colors, the situation and the anticipation of what is about to happen.

comfight35_zpsl2h0zrqe.jpg

Nedor is almost impossible and I could change this one easily 10 times. Schomburg is one of my favorite artists. But this one pops up first in my mind. Again, color, mood and antipication of what is to come...

comfightingyank23_zps650toq96.jpg

My favorite MLJ. This cover just sums up World War II so well.

compep20_zpsnzktmkqx.jpg

Same reason as above. I just love how pissed Superman is!

comaction63_zpsshi7d8nj.jpg

Nuff said!

comphantomlady17_zpsb4z3tswo.jpg

Got this as a kid in a used book store. Had to buy it (the devil made me do it). And is probably my favorite L. B. Cole cover (if you can even pick one)

commask2_zpsjqxtdgid.jpg

I love when these top 3, 5, 10, requests pop up! :) Its always fun to see everybody's pride and joys.

I'll start with this one. I admit that the grade has something to do with my fondness for this book but its one of my wife's favorites as well so it just barely edges out the second book I'll post. I can't see this cover without feeling happy; its just a clean lined, simple layout book that makes me smile.

DD_27_CGC_Front_zpsg5ltmqtf.jpg

The next one, of course, is:

as1_front_cgc_zpssxm6mfi7.jpg

and then:

as2f_zps45373a32.jpg

Mystic_vol2_2_cgc_front_zps82a4baff.jpg

CA37F_zpsf9211605.jpg

ca32_zpsc17c9de3.jpg

ca38_zps3f9c23eb.jpg

usa14cgc_zpsc4a24305.jpg

as8cgcfr_zpse4b8ca32.jpg

Tie for the #10 spot

th_89f591db-bbe5-4d4e-a51b-8c143bc702cb_zps93ngxqte.jpgth_Archies_Girls_Betty_and_Veronica_40_zps2d7b6a94.jpg

img835.jpg

I REALLY dig this!

Im not able to post pics at the moment...but that I own...?Green Lama #6 and Blazing Comics #2....oh,and my Canadian Planet Comics #1...thanks Karl!

welcome