• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you believe these signatures?

45 posts in this topic

Here's the reply I got on the FF 49:

It was signed at the San Diego Comic Con on 8/8/1987. Kirby was one of the features guests.

Stan signed it later at the Baltimore Comic Con which was in Aug. 2012. Can't remember the date don't have the COA with me.

But I thought his Dad got them signed when he was an intern? hm

Yep

Real Kirby sigs have a certain flair that is entirely missing from those on this guy's books.

Wow I see you are a toy ring collector. I did the 'premium rings we'd like to see' features in the overstreet premium ring price guide vol 2 and 3

Yep

Real Kirby sigs have a certain flair that is entirely missing from those on this guy's books.

Also Sharpies were not even used when Kirby was alive.Ball point pen yes,sharpies?

Stan lee - look at the "ee". Loops are way too big - scanned many cgc as samples - have not found any with the loops on the e so open.

This is what I thought went I saw the sig.

Other than these books has anyone seen Stan sign with big EE loops? These seem very spaced and not tight.

Stan lee - look at the "ee". Loops are way too big - scanned many cgc as samples - have not found any with the loops on the e so open.

Other than these books has anyone seen Stan sign with big EE loops? These seem very spaced and not tight.

This is my largest-looped Stan Lee sig:

Loops_zps9h38kpvi.jpg

Most of the rest are pretty tightly packed loops on the "lee" part.

Yep

Also Sharpies were not even used when Kirby was alive.Ball point pen yes,sharpies?

I have Kirby art signed by him with black ink marker. May have used an inking pen. Those Kirby sigs are fake as hell though.

Wow I see you are a toy ring collector. I did the 'premium rings we'd like to see' features in the overstreet premium ring price guide vol 2 and 3

That was you? Cool!

Yeah, I like all kinds of premiums. I am pretty much done with what I want. I still have never owned a Buck Rogers Repeller Ray or Capt Midnight Mystic Sun God.

Yep

sharpies were around -but not all over the place. There is a photograph of him and a kid from an old con - that was signed. Any comic sig that I have seen - 99% on inside in ballpoint pen. One was a dual sign on the cover - Kirby in pen - then Stan kind of covering up the kirby sig in sharpie (no idea if that one is a real Kirby).

silver/gold sharpies came out later - like the 80s.

This is my largest-looped Stan Lee sig:

Loops_zps9h38kpvi.jpg

Most of the rest are pretty tightly packed loops on the "lee" part.

The other thing with the loops on the auction - they are bigger than the "l" - and also VERY tall in relation to the L.

sheesh ------ it's like we have all been watching Pawn Stars too much....

:whee:

I didn't look at the signatures and wouldn't even know where to start if I did, but I know my sig changes 20 times a year depending on mood and whether i'm in a rush. I also had Adams and Claremont sign 2 books for me this year and both guys started their signatures with one pen and switched mid signing ...both of them . I looked over at the witness and said "if you guys didn't just see that these would never pass a verification in the future somewhere". So, who knows :)

One thing you will never see is a legit sig written slowly. Unless the person is very old.

Slow sig=fake sig

I didn't look at the signatures and wouldn't even know where to start if I did, but I know my sig changes 20 times a year depending on mood and whether i'm in a rush. I also had Adams and Claremont sign 2 books for me this year and both guys started their signatures with one pen and switched mid signing ...both of them . I looked over at the witness and said "if you guys didn't just see that these would never pass a verification in the future somewhere". So, who knows :)

Do you have pics of these books? I'd love to see what they look like.