• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just watched Amazing Spider-Man 2 for First Time

42 posts in this topic

Might be the worst superhero movie ever made.

Worse than Supergirl, worse than Ghost Rider, and maybe worse than Batman & Robin.

So bad that I needed to post about it.

agreed, horrible movie.

perhaps as bad as Iron Man 3.

^^

Is it cool cause it's a super hero movie that at least had 1 cool special effects scene in it? Yes

Will I watch it again? No

Would I recommend it to a friend? Nope

This is for both movies and also Spiderman 3 with Toby and his sweet dancing black hair skills :sick:

It wasn't good, but it wasn't nearly as bad as people here are making out.

As far as Spider-Man movies go, it is right in the middle. Better than the 3rd Toby movie and the first reboot, not as good as the first two Toby movies. I give it the C+ of mediocrity.

It sure beat the first Hulk, for example. That was a Baaad movie.

I really liked the first Amazing Spider-Man. The 2nd one could've been a lot better. A lot less Electro...a lot more Rhino. It seemed liked the Rhino story was just an afterthought. And just as that part was heating up...the movie just ended. Left me confused.

But I'm one of the few that thought Green Lantern was at least entertaining. An epic compared to some movies (FF, Iron Man 2, etc...). I'm just a little different.

I regrettably watched the first ASM. All I can say is the "actor" looked too Ambercrombie-metro-Bieber-Twilightish for my idea of how Peter should look. Tobey was at least tolerable, with the exception of his metro-goth thing that he had going in 3. I also didn't like the Mech-Goblin.

Kirsten Dunst was tolerable as MJ, can't really imagine who would have played a good MJ.

Didn't and won't bother with ASM 2. Now there's this talk of another re-launch with some 10 year old dweeb assuming the role? I didn't think they could do worse than the Garfield-Crombie dude, but the latest selection doesn't even appear that he is old enough for his manhood to have dropped.

I'm curious how the new Fantastic Four is going to be. From what I've seen in the trailers, it does not look good. They've already fooled me into two of those awful movies.

And they'll fool me this time, too.

I regrettably watched the first ASM. All I can say is the "actor" looked too Ambercrombie-metro-Bieber-Twilightish for my idea of how Peter should look. Tobey was at least tolerable, with the exception of his metro-goth thing that he had going in 3. I also didn't like the Mech-Goblin.

Kirsten Dunst was tolerable as MJ, can't really imagine who would have played a good MJ.

Didn't and won't bother with ASM 2. Now there's this talk of another re-launch with some 10 year old dweeb assuming the role? I didn't think they could do worse than the Garfield-Crombie dude, but the latest selection doesn't even appear that he is old enough for his manhood to have dropped.

I agree with the vast majority of what you're saying here. Spider-Man's been my main guy for 35 years, but we've yet to have a good Spider-Man movie that really GETS the character. Raimi's Spider-Man 2 comes closest. The rest are fair at best (Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man) or just bad (Spider-Man 3, Amazing Spider-Man 2).

With regards to the new guy.......I like him. His instagram feed of his stunt work is pretty awesome. Baby faced or not, he moves like Spider-Man. At the very least, he gives me hope, as I think the part has been miscast to this point in time.

Anyone notice a lot of times in the Spiderman movies when he's yelling you can see his jaw isn't even moving?

Spider-man 2 was ok. I'm not going to go out of my way to see it again.

Let's get a Moon Knight movie going or at least a Netflix series MADE RIGHT of course.

Love the way they did Daredevil on Netflix..and not that colon stuffer of a movie with Ben Affleck.

I'll never understand why people hated this movie so much, aside from the Riddler-rip-off that was Electro of course. I like it and the first one. They were light years ahead of the garbage that was the Raimi movies (to be fair, I hated those movies largely because I think Kirsten Dunst is a rotten actress, and I thought Tobey was a horrible Peter).

But to go ahead and add fuel to the flames I'm going to receive for the above comment:

I also think the Christopher Reeves Superman movies are awful, and that he was a terrible Superman.

(there, now you can completely write-off any opinions I have now and in the future).

:D

You are dead to me