• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman # 1 - Where Are All The High Grade Copies ?

219 posts in this topic

For anyone that knows anything about foxing..... will the foxing on this comic keep getting worse, or will it abate?

I was always under the impression that foxing was a consequence of humidity so I think whether the foxing continues or abates may depend upon the temperature of future storage

That said, maybe somebody with a bit more knowledge can school us because I am not 100% an expert on this subject

Good question

If you look at GPA, even though most of the data is old, this price is still consistent with prior sales. Where it winds up will likely be a different story.

If you look at GPA, even though most of the data is old, this price is still consistent with prior sales. Where it winds up will likely be a different story.

I looked through HA archives, not GPA

Thanks for this info

Does GPA provide the identity of the seller or platform source where it sold ?

It doesn't.

A copy of Superman #1, certified VG 4.0 Off-white pages by CGC, was sold for $295,000 this January in a private treaty transaction brokered by Heritage. Both the seller and the buyer were private collectors who chose to remain anonymous. The sale was arranged via Heritage's New York showroom.

Congratulations to the buyer on his new acquisition!

It doesn't.

A copy of Superman #1, certified VG 4.0 Off-white pages by CGC, was sold for $295,000 this January in a private treaty transaction brokered by Heritage. Both the seller and the buyer were private collectors who chose to remain anonymous. The sale was arranged via Heritage's New York showroom.

my former copy sold a year earlier to the seller

It doesn't.

Doesn't anyone hold on to these books ? (shrug)

It doesn't.

As long as you classify "hold" as no more than minute. Of course there are the folks that drop ship their most recently acquired "Grail" to the next owner.

It doesn't.

I had bought it for inventory, so I had no desire/intention to hold onto it ;)

If I had of held onto it for another year, I would have doubled my return :o

It doesn't.

You're a dealer. That's understandable. I was actually referring to the collector that bought it from you.

I currently have this copy, and I struggle with holding or selling, given the current prices, and lack of higher, or even any copies, unrestored.

I sold a 3.5 couple years ago, and of course watched as the value keeps skyrocketing to the outer limits, (shrug)

SUP_1_20.jpg

It doesn't.

You're a dealer. That's understandable. I was actually referring to the collector that bought it from you.

without giving away too much, the "collector" that bought from me is a dealer as well...

I currently have this copy, and I struggle with holding or selling, given the current prices, and lack of higher, or even any copies, unrestored.

I sold a 3.5 couple years ago, and of course watched as the value keeps skyrocketing to the outer limits, (shrug)

and who sold that 3.5 to you :baiting:

You, Bunky 3A :makepoint:

You, Bunky 3A :makepoint:

:acclaim: